The Return

Arabella was sat at the top of the stairs at the Gilbert house, she watched as John was wheeled out of the house on a hospital stretcher. She was in a world of her own when Elena and Stefan rushed through the front door, panic clearly evident on both their faces.

"Oh god, Elle" Elena said snapping her out of her thoughts. Arabella quickly descended the stairs and pulled her sister into a hug before both Elena and Stefan followed her up the stairs to their younger brothers room.

"What happened? Stefan asked.

"He said Anna gave him her blood and then he took some pills. I mean he looks OK but then again so do you" Arabella explained. Stefan knelt down infront of Jeremy, he grabbed his face in his hands and examined his eyes.

"What should we do. Should I call a paramedic up here?" Elena asked, she was worried that Jeremy was going to turn into a vampire.

Stefan looked deeper into Jeremy's eyes, he shook his head and turned to Elena "No, he's fine"

"So I'm not a vampire, Dammit!" Jeremy muttered, his voice was filled with disappointment.

Elena shook her head, her face scrunched up in both disgust and confusion "Don't say that, Jer" she said, she walked closer to him "Why would you want that?"

"Do you know what happened to Anna tonight? She's dead!" Jeremy sobbed, he put his face in his hands, tears streamed down his face. Arabella didn't like the girl but seeing her brother in such a state over her death reminded her of Vicki all over it again. It made her heart hurt.

Arabella paced back and forth in Jeremy's room. Her stress levels where at an all time high and she just needed a strong drink or sleep or perhaps both. Her phone buzzed indicating she had a text message.

Ty 😊
'Caroline's in a bad way. Me and Matt are with Bon at the hospital, it's not looking good babe! You need to get here ASAP'

Arabella's heart rate picked up in fear, the thought of losing her bestfriend scared her immensely. Stefan heard the sudden change in her heart beat and he turned to the girl with a look of worry on his face. "Whats up, Elle?" He asked. Arabella choked back a sob and he instantly pulled her into his embrace. "It's Caroline, Ty said its not looking good! I need to get to the hospital" she wgispered into his chest.

Stefan was about to speak when Elena beat him to it "I'll drive you. Stefan, will you stay here with Jeremy?" She asked.

Jeremy scoffed "I don't need a babysitter" he said as he rolled his eyes and flopped back on to his bed.

"Yes you do!" Arabella and Elena said in unison. The older Gilbert twin quickly went back to her room to change out of the clothes that was stained with John's blood before meeting her sister at the car.

 The older Gilbert twin quickly went back to her room to change out of the clothes that was stained with John's blood before meeting her sister at the car

                          ********

"Bonnie!" Elena shouted when both her and Arabella entered the hospital building. The latter quickly rushed over to the Bennett witch and pulled her into a hug.