Memory Lane

Elena had spent most of her morning sitting in a quiet corner of the grill, her head in the Petrova book. Arabella had given it to her on the car ride back from the Duke campus. Elena was that enthralled in the book. She didn't notice that a certain vampire had taken a seat across from her until he cleared his throat to gain her attention.

"What do you want?" She asked with a hint of annoyance in her voice, clearly unimpressed by the older Salvatore's presence.

"So this is where you spend your time when you're not lying to people," Damon mentioned harshly.

Elena looked taken back by Damon's rude comment. She tilted her head to the side and knitted her eyebrows together in confusion. "I haven't lied to anyone."

Damon chuckled 'Unbelievable'. He shifted in his seat so he was facing straight towards her "You" he started pointing a finger at her "told me that Arabella had feelings for Stefan but she doesn't, so yes Elena, you lied!"

Elena rolled her eyes at the Vampire "Well I think she does," she said confidently, folding her arms across her chest.

Damon shook his head. "Ya wanna know what I think?" He said "I think you know that Stefan is the one who has feelings for Arabella and you just don't want to admit it" Elena's eye's widened slightly and Damon smirked knowing he was right. He pushed his chair out and stood up. "See you at Jenna's barbecue."

"Wait.. How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?"

"It was my idea" Damon said with his signature smirk spread across his lips "Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to get to know the guy.. So I told Ric to tell Jenna, "

A waitress came over and handed Damon a dessert box "I know Jenna doesn't like me but I'm hoping this peach cobbler will pave the way" He turned to leave but Elena gripped his arm to stop him.

"What are you up to?" She asked suspiciously.

He leant down close and whispered in her ear "I'm gonna put some silver in Mason and prove he is a werewolf" He stood up straight and stepped away from the younger twin "Besides Arabella is going and I know how desperate you and my dear brother are for us to be together so..."

Damon turned around and made his way to the exit, pleased with himself for winding up the younger Gilbert girl. Elena watched him leave, and she let out a frustrated groan before collecting up all her stuff and leaving the Grill herself.

                        ********

Loud music echoed around Arabella's bedroom as she was getting herself ready for Jenna's barbecue. Clothes littered her bedroom floor as she searched through her closet, frantically trying to find the perfect outfit. The brunette squealed in excitement when she pulled out a butterfly print bodycon dress and held it up against her body.

Arabella placed the dress on her bed before she quickly cleared her floor and put all her clothes neatly back into her closet. She discarded her robe and slipped into the dress, which hugged her frame perfectly, showing off all her curves.