Bad Moon Rising

Stefan, Elena and Damon were in the living room at the Salvatore boarding house, discussing the possibility of what the Lockwood's could be. They were interrupted when there was a knock on the door

"Thanks for coming, Ric" Damon greeted as he stepped aside to let the history teacher enter "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?"

Alaric shook his head "Arabella called me, she mentioned you needed my help" he said ignoring Damon's offer for a drink.

"Speaking of, where is Miss Gilbert?" Damon asked diverting his question to the younger Gilbert twin who shrugged her shoulders in return.

Damon took his phone out his pocket and was tapping away.

Damon🥰
'Where are you? Lockwood meeting at mine. Get here ASAP - D xo'

The younger Salvatore eyed his brother suspiciously "We were hoping you could shed some light on the Lockwood family" he said.

Alaric sat himself down on the chair across from Elena and Stefan "Now why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?"

Damon's phone buzzed in his hand and he immediately checked it.

Bella🥰
'I'm busy! Let me know what you find out xoxo'

Damon read the message and a small frown appeared on his lips, he quickly shut off his phone and shoved it back into his pocket before he took a seat on the arm of the sofa next to Elena "Well, you wouldn't but your dead not dead vampire wife might"

Alaric looked away from the trio who was staring at him intently, Elena glanced up at Damon and shook her head at him before turning back to Alaric "Isobel's research from when you were at Duke together"

"You said she spent years researching this town" Stefan continued.

Alaric glanced at them all and licked his lips with an uncomfortable expression on his face "Isobels research here in Mystic Falls is rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of it was fiction"

Damon smirked "Like that amazing vampire story"

Elena shook her head at the older Salvatore "aside from vampires, what else?" She questioned Alaric.

Alaric hesitated for a moment "The Lycanthrope" he finally admitted.

Elena gasped, her eyes darted between both brothers before they landed back on Alaric "Wait, like werewolves?"

Damon scoffed and stood up from his seat "No way! Impossible, way to Lon Chaney"

"Is it?" Stefan asked.

"I've been on this planet one hundred and sixty some odd years, never come across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?"

Alaric tilted his head "Why do you suspect the Lockwood's?" He questioned, confused.

"Because vervain didn't affect the Mayor on Founder's day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his dickhead of a son too" Damon explained, he sounded a little bitter as he spoke about Tyler.

"And at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behaviour, it suggest some sort of supernatural entity" Stefan continued.

"Well all her things are still at Duke" Alaric mentioned "I mean her office is still there, she's technically still missing" Alaric's eyes slowly drifted to the floor, Isobel's disappearance was obviously still a sore subject.

"So can we get access to it?" Damon asked with a small smirk on his lips, the history teacher turned his attention to Damon but he stayed quiet "Come on Ric, we need to know what we're dealing with. I've seen enough movies to know that if this Wolfman thing is true, it's not good"