The Dinner Party

Arabella's eyes snapped open when she heard shouting and slamming of doors coming from downstairs, she stared up at the wooden-cladded ceiling of her lakehouse bedroom. Her head was throbbing from the amount of alcohol she consumed the day before.

She flung her legs out of her bed and stumbled towards the bedroom door. Pulling it open, she walked into the bathroom and turned on the faucet of the shower before stripping out of her nightwear and climbing inside. She let the hot water trickle down her back before she lathered her long brown hair with honey and vanilla shampoo. Once she had rinsed off the bubbles, she blathered it with conditioner and combed it through her hair before she started working on her body.

After everything was done, she turned off the faucet and wrapped her slim frame in a white fluffy bathsheet. She walked across the landing back into her bedroom, she closed the door behind her before she opened her draw and pulled out an outfit. She picked out her letter graphic oversized tshirt with matching cycling shorts.

Once she was dressed and her hair and make up was done, she left the room, made her way down the stairs and walked into the kitchen

"Good morning, Elle" Caroline greeted handing the brunette a black cup of coffee "You look like you need this"

Arabella took the coffee and sent the blonde a small smile before she walked into the living area and sat herself down on the couch. "Where's Elena and Stefan?" She questioned.

"Elena is in her room reading the Gilbert journals and Stefan is outside on the phone" Arabella nodded her head and sipped on her coffee "You okay?" Caroline questioned her softly. Arabella nodded again "Are you sure? Because Stefan found you passed out on the docks last night and carried you to bed. We understand if you're not okay, it's alot to take in and to accept. To be honest non of us are okay, Stef and Elena have been arguing all morning."

"I heard" Arabella whispered. She glanced outside and could see Stefan pacing back and forth with his phone up against his ear. "Who's he talking to?"

Caroline shrugged her shoulders before she guessed and said "Damon, I think."

Arabella picked her phone up and unlocked it, her eyes widened when she saw the missed calls from Damon. Thirty one to be precise. As soon as Stefan hung up and walked back into the lakehouse, Arabella grabbed a blanket and walked around him, she shut the door and dialled Damon's number.

"Arabella" Damon said when he answered the phone.

"Hey you."

"Are you okay? Stefan told me about what happened, I've been trying to call you but you didn't answer."