Family Ties

Arabella suddenly woke up and jumped out of bed after hearing loud noises coming from downstairs, she cautiously opened her bedroom door and stepped out of her room.

"Hello" she said

Out of the corner of her eye she saw a shadow pass by, startling her.

"Jeremy? Elena?" Arabella said, running downstairs.

Suddenly the TV turned on making her jump "This is Logan Fell coming to you live from Mystic Falls with breaking news with another deadly animal attack" Arabella slowly walked into the living room. "The wild animal terrorizing the citizens has claimed another victim, local High school student, Arabella Gilbert".

Arabellas legs nearly gave way as she stared at the TV in complete shock when a picture of her flashed on the screen.

"You know what's coming next" a voice said behind her, she spun around to see Damon stood only centimetres away from her.

Arabella turned back around and ran towards the front door, she screamed when she opened it to see Damon stood their smirking at her. She quickly slammed it shut and ran towards the kitchen when damon appeared behind her, pulling her back and biting in to her neck.

Suddenly Stefan sat up in his bed, breathing heavily after his nightmare.

"Bad dream?" Damon asked "do you know how easy it was to get into your head? You really need the human stuff, it might even out the playing field, oh football reference" He paused, chuckling to himself "Too soon?"

Stefan, done playing games, used his vamp speed to pick up a knife and threw it at Damon, hitting him in the chest. Damon glanced down at the knife before standing up and pulling it out with ease.

"They caught the culprit by the way, the animal responsible for killing your history teacher and the rest of them" Damon told him, confusing Stefan.

"A mountain lion, a really big one, it attacked a hunter this morning"

"Why would you cover your tracks?" Stefan asked him, he didn't trust his brother in the slightest.

"Well I've decided to stay a while and I'm having so much fun with you and the Gilbert twin's" Damon informed him with his signature smirk.

"You can't touch her now" Stefan said.

"Which one?" Damon asked slightly amused knowing full well which twin Stefan was talking about "The vervain keeps me out of their, or should I say her head, but maybe that's not my target. Believe it or not stefan some girls just can't resist my good looks, my style, my charm and my ability to listen to Taylor swift"

He made his way over to Stefan and plunged the knife into his stomache, which caused stefan to drop down onto his knees. "This is John Varvatos dude, dick move!" He told him before walking out of the room and Stefan huddled over in pain.

*******

Arabella was in the kitchen pouring herself a mug of freshly made coffee when she glanced up and noticed her Aunt Jenna glaring at the TV.

"Scumball, scumbucket" Jenna spat.

"Who are you talking to?" Arabella asked, her voice laced with confusion

"Him" Jenna said, pointing at the TV screen.

"The news guy" Elena asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Also known as Logan 'scum' Fell" she replied "Did your mom ever tell you why I moved away from Mystic Falls?"

Elena stared wide eyed at her Aunt, glancing between her and TV screen "Oh, no way! You and him?" She asked a slight chuckle escaping her mouth.

Arabella stared at the TV, examining the man jenna once dated "I don't blame you Jen, he's insanely hot" she said, earning a glare from Jenna.