Our Town

After aimlessly driving around for hours on end, Arabella finally pulled into the driveway of the Salvatore mansion. She had one intention in mind - pack her bags and get the hell out of that house. She'd already called Caroline and told her she couldn't be at either houses right now and the blonde agreed that she could stay with her.

The whole drive, Arabella couldn't stop picturing Elena with her hands on Damon's face and the looks on their faces when she caught them.

The brunette reluctantly climbed out of the car and trundled her way towards the front door. She knew that the older Salvatore would be home by now and she was already regretting coming back here.

She took a deep breathe before she pushed open the front door and stepped inside, closing it behind her. Before she could even take a step, Damon appeared infront of her which made her jump. "Elle, where the hell where you? I've been calling you for hours." He questioned, his tone filled with concern as his eyes scanned her over for any injuries.

"I know." Arabella said before she placed her hand on his chest, attempting to shove him away "Move out of my way." She demanded putting on a brave face. She didn't dare look at him because she knew that if she did, the floodgates would open.

Damon stepped aside, allowing her to enter and she quickly made her way to the stairs. Taking them two at a time until she made it to the top, she walked down the hall and pushed open their bedroom door. The brunette walked inside and quickly made her way over to the wardrobe, pulling out a large suitcase.

Placing it on the bed, Arabella started filling it with all of her belongings.

"What the hell are you doing?" Damon demanded, he walked over to the bed and started removing the items from the suitcase "You're been irrational, you need to let me explain." Arabella ignored him, the longer she was in his presence, the angrier she felt. Damon quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her away from the bed "Arabella! Will you please just stop and let me explain."

"EXPLAIN WHAT?!" Arabella yelled pushing away from him "Explain how I caught you kissing my sister or how you've been all over her for the past week?"

"Woah! Hang on-"

"Is that what's been happening this whole time? Sharing secret kisses?" She said cutting him off "I bet you've both been laughing at me behind my back." She scoffed and started pacing up and down at the foot of the bed "Arabella Gilbert, the fucking idiot who clearly has a giant sign hanging over her head that says 'screw me over'.. What drew you in, huh? Was it the sweet innocent act, the fact that she will gladly do as you say without any argument, do you need someone to-"

Damon abruptly cut her off, slamming her up against the wall "You need to shut the fuck up and listen to me very, very carefully" he said angrily. All that could be heard was their heavy breathing due to how angry they both were. Arabella was wide-eyed as she stared up at the older Salvatore, not ever been on the receiving end of his outbursts... But she didn't care because he had no reason to be angry with her.

She pushed him away "No! You need to list-"

"Arabella..." He warned sending her a furious glare as he took a step forward "I didnt fucking kiss her, nore do I want to kiss her. She caught me off guard. You opened the door as I was pushing her away, I didnt kiss her back. I don't even fucking like her" he stated shaking his head "I tolerate your sister for you and I don't know how many times I'm going to have to repeat these words to you... I know what happened with Tyler will always play a big part in your insecurities, but I'm not him, Arabella. I want you, it will 'always and forever' be you."

Arabella shook her head, tears were streaming down her cheeks. She didn't believe him, she couldn't. "How am I supposed to trust you?" She sobbed, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand, completely smearing her black mascara across her face "The signs are all there, Damon."