Know Thy Enemy

⚠️Smut warning⚠️

Jenna was still stood in shock, staring at the women who was supposed to be infact dead, yet she was very much alive, standing outside the threshold of her home. Elena and Arabella glared at Isobel who was smiling back at them.

"Hello girls" Isobel greeted tilting her head to the side so she could get a better look at her twin daughters "It's nice to see you again."

Jenna's eyes grew wider and her head whirled around to look at her two nieces "Again?" she questioned in disbelief.

Elena turned her attention to her twin sister who was just leaning against the staircase, checking her nails. Elena rolled her eyes at Arabella, not impressed with her in the slightest before turning back to her Aunt. She opened her mouth to say something but no words came out.

"So" Isobel smiled at Jenna as she looked her up and down "You're the women who's dating my husband" she said in amusement.

Arabella, not liking her tone, pushed herself off the wall and stormed over to the front door, pushing past her Aunt and sister before she came face to face with her birth mother "I don't know how you even have the audacity to call Alaric your husband after you left him without a word, making him think you were dead for the past two years. You're fucking disgusting!" She spat with so much hate.

"And you're drunk, Arabella. Such a good guardian you have here" she said gesturing towards the strawberry blonde. Arabella went to lunge at the women who brought her into this world but Jenna gripped her wrist and pulled her back. Isobel chuckled before she looked past the older twin and stared straight at Jenna "I need to speak to my daughters, may I come in?"

Elena jumped forward "No!" She cried "Don't - Don't invite her in" she said in protest, her tone was laced with panic.

"I really need to talk to you both" Isobel pressed.

Arabella didn't give anyone the chance to reply to Isobel as she slammed the door shut in her face before turning back to her twin and Aunt "Well that was awkward."

Jenna's glassy eyes flickered between her two nieces "You both knew she was still alive. Ric? John? Did they know too?" Jenna questioned with tear stained cheeks.

"I can explain" Elena said reaching forward to hold Jenna's hand.

Jenna pulled back and shook her head "No!" She cried before she turned around and rushed up the stairs, slamming her bedroom door behind her.

Arabella awoke the next day and her eyelids fluttered open, she immediately let out a low groan from the bright light shining through the crack in her curtains and the throbbing pain that was pounding in her head. She pulled the sheets over her head and shuffled back down, with the intension of going back to sleep.

That was until her phone started blaring out from her night stand. It rang off and Arabella let out a relieved sigh until it started up again.

"For fuck sake" she muttered before snatching the phone off the side. She pressed the green button and held her phone aginst her ear "Hello' she said abruptly.

"Hey, Elle" Stefan greeted "Are you okay?"

Arabella rolled her eyes "No Stefan, I'm not okay!"

"What? Why? Stefan asked concerned.

"Because I'm awake, talking to you. I should still be sleeping" she whined turning over so she was laid flat on her back.

"Is somebody hungover?" Stefan teased.

"Fuck off, bunny eater. What do you want?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay, you know, after yesterday."