Do Not Go Gentle

Arabella never told Damon about what happened in Denver. She had every intention on doing so but when she saw how happy her fiancée was when Stefan agreed to be his best man, she couldn't bring herself to do it.

It was the day before their upcoming wedding and to say she was stressed was an understatement. She had Caroline and Elena on decorating duty at the boarding house whilst Bonnie and Jeremy rushed around town picking up dresses and making sure that things were well organised.

Matt was on Damon duty, making sure he stayed away whilst she got things organised. Arabella and the girls were heading out for a spa afternoon and once they had finished up there, they were returning to the Salvatore Mansion to continue 'Arabella's last night of freedom'

Damon didn't want to do it traditionally, he wanted her to be wrapped up in his arms on their wedding morning, but Arabella wanted to do it properly. She wanted their first look to be special.

********

Since both Damon and Stefan had been kicked out of their own house, they thought why not spend their free time getting drunk at the Grill. They were spending the night at the Gilbert House along with Jeremy, Matt, Tyler and Alaric.

Damon pulled out his phone and scrolled through his contacts until he found Alaric's number. "Where have you been? I've been calling you all day?" The older Salvatore queried when Alaric answered the phone.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just needed to get my head together." Alaric replied.

"So I take it Rebekah got the stake?" Damon questioned again, gaining the attention of both Stefan and Matt who stood infront of them at the otherside of the bar whilst he dried some glasses.

"I don't know. I woke up alone. There's no sign of it."

"Well atleast it will be destroyed and there is no weapon to wipe out an entire species. Anyway what now? You gonna meet us at the Grill?"

"I don't think that's a good idea. To be honest, I think I actually need to get out of town for a little bit."

"Hold up, the wedding is tomorrow, Ric. Arabella is counting on you walking her down the aisle. Don't back out now."

"I'll be back for the wedding. I'm stocked up on Bonnie's herbs, so I should be fine by tomorrow. Look, I gotta go."

"Okay, see ya tomorrow, buddy."

Damon hung up the phone and shoved it back into his pocket before he picked up his full glass of whiskey and drained the contents in one go. He knew that if Alaric didn't turn up tomorrow, Arabella would be devastated and possibly angry and he did not want to be on the receiving end of that.

********

Back at the Salvatore boarding house, Arabella and the girls were enjoying the older twin's last night of freedom. Caroline had made them dress up as cowgirls and they had Arabella's favourite country music blaring out in the background as they all took turns taking shots.

Caroline and Elena were busy making cocktails and Arabella was dancing around the kitchen singing a song that she had written.

"Pop the champagne, I'm changing my last name, my baby gave me a ring." Arabella sang beautifully as Bonnie watched with a huge smile on her face. "Got my girls, to my left to my right, there in black and I'm in white." She sang pointing between her sister and blonde bestfriend and the Bennett witch. "On Sunday, I'll say I do, but tonight we're in our daisy dukes"