78: Switch

Bikou came back from the adventure, he was annoyed.

“Bikou!” Yuki ran over to him, he smiled softly. I could tell he was still angered, though. He handed me a scroll. It was from Kakashi.

Dear Fubuki,

Bikou will escort Yuki to our location, we have taken your request seriously. We will test Yumi and have her on two of our missions to test her, it will also make her stronger. We replaced her with Sasuke, who has a bad stomach wound. He needs to rest, anyways. ^^

-Kakashi

I read the scroll, rolling my eyes and laughing at the eyes he wrote down. Nice one.

“WHAT?!” Yuki shouted in disbelief, reading over my shoulder. I looked over at her.

“Yuki, you’re strong enough for this.” I reasoned. She was shaking her head violently.

“I-I can’t....No! I’m not cut out for it, I’m too lazy-“

“Yuki, are you going to doubt me for requesting this for you? Are you going to keep this up?” I asked, sternly. She locked eyes with me for a second or two.

She looked back down.

“No.” she replied quietly, I hugged her.

“Don’t worry, I know you’ll be safe.” I said, then patted her back. “Go get your things. Bikou, please assist her love.” I said, then looked around. “Where is Sasuke?” I was frowning.

“I dumped his sorry ass at his house.” he replied bluntly, I sighed.

“You didn’t bring him here why?” I asked, then shook my head. “Never mind.” I was starting to walk away, but something grabbed my waist. I looked to see two milky, small arms around me. I smiled. I turned around and hugged her back. “You’re going to be an excellent ninja.” I commented, her eyes were gleaming from my words.

“Would mom and dad be proud?”

Her words hit me like a ton of kunai. I was frozen there, my eyes wide. After a moment, I found my response in my head. “Of course.” I stammered, then sighed. I closed my eyes. “They would tell you how amazing you were, and how proud they were to have such magnificent children. They would train you without hesitation to fix all your errors, they would make you good enough for ANBU when you were old enough. That’s why Elretta and Daisuke are ANBU.” I said, smiling at the thought. “I would already be ANBU if they were alive. And you would have started training with them...” 

Yuki nodded slowly, processing my words. “Well, I’ll act like they were training me. I’ll work up to ANBU.” she said, I smiled and sighed softly.

“I believe in you.” I said, then started to turn to walk to my house. “Goodbye...”

“Bye!” she called back. 

When I got to my house, I quickly ran in. I wanted to see Sasuke, so I would have to hurry up. I turned to see Sasuke on my couch.

“Hey?” I was confused, I walked over and sat next to him. “I thought Bikou brought you to your....” I trailed off.

“I came here myself.” he said, my jaw dropped.

“I thought you hurt yourself!” I gasped.

“I did. He said, lifting up his shirt to show his stomach. It was bandaged, a hint of red on a certain spot. I sat down and touched it lightly, his breathing hitched. I quickly pulled my hand back. I put my head lightly on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry....” I murmured.

“It’s fine.” he said. There was an awkward silence in the air for a second.

“When do you have to leave?” I asked, softly.

“Two weeks from now.” he replied. “Sakura made it so it should heal by then.”

I nodded slowly, then looked at my kitchen. “Want anything to eat?”

“A tomato.” he said, I knew it was one of his favorite foods. I nodded and got up, walking over to the kitchen. I picked one up and washed it, then ran back over to give it to him. I sat down, his hand held mine while his other held the tomato. He carefully bit it, somehow not squirting it everywhere.

I leaned back into the couch.

“You’re not going back to Orochimaru, are you?” I asked out of the blue, I then instantly wanted to slap myself. I felt Sasuke’s hand go ridged in mine, then relax after a moment. He didn’t reply for a while.

“No.” he said grimly.

I didn’t reply.

“Even though I do need more power....”

“I don’t want you to leave for it.”

“If you could, I know you’d go back to the Akatsuki.”

This time it was I who went ridged.

“No, I wouldn’t.” I replied, bitterly.

He shook his head, his expression sour. He turned to look at me.