9: Intruder

The next morning, I got up. I rubbed my groggy eyes and yawned. I smelled the scent of fish. I realized that's what was for breakfast. I sat down with everyone, and I took out five Hoshigakure headbands. I passed them around.
"This is so we won't get attacked in Hoshi." I explained.
Everyone put them on, and Kakashi looked over at me.
"Fubuki, will you be attending the mission that's planned after this current one?" he asked.
I shook my head.
"I'll be staying at Hoshi for two or three days." I explained. "I won't join you all. Unless something comes up."
"Where will you be staying?" Kakashi asked.
"In the Mayuko compound." I replied, I was a little unsure about it, but I was set on going. I would make myself go there.
"Okay." Kakashi said, then Sakura looked over to Sasuke. She blushed.
"Want to go out with me while we're there?" Sakura asked.
"No." Sasuke said without missing a beat. I bit my lip to hold back a smile. I realized that Konoha really changed me. I was smiling a lot more often. It was a good idea going there.
"Let's go! I'm ready!" Naruto shouted, getting up. He pumped his fist in the air and did a little dance. I couldn't help but laugh.
I got my stuff packed up, we started walking. I walked over to Sasuke. He looked over at me.
"You nervous?" he asked, his face emotionless.
"Kind of." I said.
"Why?"
"Well because I haven't lived in the compound since that day. It'll bring back memories." I explained.
"It'll be just like when I made you show me your arm." he said, making me smile.
"You know what, you're right." I said.
"Hey Sasuke!" Sakura said, walking next to Sasuke. She blushed. She surprised me by glaring at me. She mouthed 'he's mine'. I rolled my eyes and walked away, Sasuke looked over to me when I left. He looked at Sakura. She squealed at the attention. He then looked back to the way he was walking.
After thirty minutes of walking, I looked over. I looked over at the right time, too. Sakura tripped over a rock and slammed into the floor, face first. She ate shit.
I started giggling, she looked up and glared at me. I started laughing harder when I noticed her face had landed in bird poop. She noticed it, too, and started screaming. She started washing her face with a canteen, she looked extremely embarrassed.
"Karma wins this time." I said, she glared at me.
We reached Hoshi, we walked through the gates. We started walking through the streets, I brought them to the Mayuko compound.
"It's huge!" Sakura shouted, surprised at the massive buildings.
"I know. You guys can come into this house." I said, we walked into the biggest one. This is where the violence of the massacre didn't touch, so I didn't become bombarded with bloody flashbacks when I entered. "Feel free to take showers or anything, nap, eat the food you brought with you in the kitchen, I don't care." I said, then sat down on one of the couches. "Just don't trash the place." Everything was oddly in perfect condition, making me assume that Hoshi kept the place spotless out of respect for the Mayukos.
Everyone left to take showers since the travel was so harsh and they were grimey from the trip. While they showered in the showers in the first and second floor, I went up to the third floor and used the shower up there. When I walked back down to the living room, I found that the squad was together. They looked up when I walked into sight.
"The bathrooms are giant!" Naruto exclaimed, his smile huge.
"Yeah, this house wasn't ever used before. It was supposed to be for a new generation of Mayukos before the massacre, but no one took it because no one was in the midst of starting a family for another couple years.. I think I might just take it as a vacation home." I said, looking around. "It's paid off."
"Lucky." Sakura muttered.
"Well, we should be going. The Hokage's expecting us to be back by tomorrow." Kakashi said. I nodded. "Good luck!"
"Bye, see you when I get back!" I said. They all nodded and left. I walked out of the big house and walked over to the house I grew up in, which was nearly as big as the other. I stared at it for a long time, I didn't want to go in. I really didn't. I couldn't. I looked at my backpack. I scratched the back of my head and sighed nervously. Well, I didn't come here for nothing.
I opened the door and walked in. The blood was cleaned off the floor. The broken furniture was replaced by exact models, just not torn and covered in blood. I wondered who spent the time to hunt down each item and replace everything. I let out a breath, feeling childhood memories wash over me. Everything of the massacre was gone.
Except....
I walked to the wall and touched it. My blood was stained on it. They had missed a spot while cleaning.
I looked down, eyes hard. I tried to push that thought out of my mind and walked into my old room. Everything was how it was when I was younger. I sat on my bed, my fingers running through the soft material of the blanket. I lay on it and sighed, the feeling of home lulling me to sleep.
I heard a crash in the middle of the night, my eyes hardened. I got up with a kunai. Someone wanted to rob the abandoned compound, huh?
I got up and put on my shoes, thinking who the hell was here.
I looked at the time. It was three o'clock in the morning, who could be here?
A thought hit me.
What if those people were here? The murderers of my clan?
My breathing hitched as I walked into the livingroom. I saw a figure. I punched it in the stomach, the person, a man or boy, I couldn't tell, groaned. He punched me in the arm and swooped my legs from under with his leg, I landed on the ground. I kicked his crotch, causing him to groan and collapse in front of me. He shoved me into the floor and put a kunai to my neck. He was close enough to turn on the light. We took one look at each other.
I gasped. Those eyes. They were identical to mine.
Michelangelo.