23: Getting Ready

The next day, Kakashi said we needed to be in our meeting place. It was apparently very urgent, so I got there early. Surprisingly, he was there. He was early as well.

“Am I late?” I asked.

“Nope.” Kakashi said, head buried in his book. Everyone was there, making me think I was late.

“Okay, what is so urgent?” Sakura asked.

“Well, there is a Sakura festival. EVERYONE has to go. With a date.” Kakashi said, looking at us. I looked at Sasuke, he looked over when I looked at him. I wriggled my eyebrows at him, he smirked and shook his head. I smiled, then looked back at Kakashi.

“Do we have to wear something good?” I asked.

“Girls, kimonos. Guys, suits.” Kakashi said, I groaned.

“Damnit, I need to go shopping.” I muttered.

“You don’t already have dresses?” Sakura asked me, I was surprised she was even talking to me.

“No, I’m not one to wear dresses.” I said, shrugging. I sighed and reached in my pocket, I looked at how much money I had. I had enough to buy three mansions, so I had no freaking idea why I was checking. “Are we done here?” I asked. Kakashi shook his head.

“We have to pick flowers for the festival.” Kakashi said, closing his book to look at us. I sighed.

“Okay.” I said, we started to pick some flowers. I picked the prettiest ones, I made sure to check if they weren’t wilted. Naruto, of course, wanting to show off, picked horrible flowers to prevent Sasuke from seeming better.

I walked over at him and looked at the flowers he had gotten. “Naruto! These suck. Go get better ones.” I said. Naruto huffed. I leant down and whispered in his ear. “Don’t worry, you’re as good as Sasuke.” I said to make him feel better, he started grinning like an idiot. He noticed something.

“Sasuke’s jealous.” Naruto said, I turned to see Sasuke look away from us.

“No, he’s not.” I said, then walked over to pick more flowers. When we had enough flowers that was required for each squad to get, Kakashi made us all sit in a circle. He had bought us each ramen from Ishiraku, we were eating in the fields. Naruto of course, loved this.

“Mmmmmm ramen.” Naruto said, moaning as he put a mouthful of ramen in his mouth.

“Believe it.” I said, in a mocking voice. Naruto started chuckling.

“You better!” he said, waving a chop stick around. I laughed, then looked over at Sakura.

“Who’s taking you?” I asked, I hoped she wasn’t taking this as an ‘in your face’ thing.

She shrugged. “I’m going to wait who asks me.” she said, her eyes adverting to a flower basket.

“How about I take you?” Naruto asked.

Sakura shook her head.

“Say, Naruto. I know who you should take.” I said, grinning.

“Who?” Naruto asked, hopes up.

“Hinata.” I said, he shook his head.

“She doesn’t talk when I try talking to her. It’s like she’s shy or something.” Naruto said. Everyone sweat dropped.

“Uhm...Well if you ask her- you know what just do it.” I said, sighing. Hinata would shower me with endless thank you’s.

“Okay!” Naruto said, enthusiastically.

“So, you’re going with Sasuke?” Kakashi asked me.

I looked over at Sasuke. He nodded. “Yep.” I said, then heard some barking behind me. I turned to see Shadow had come up to me. He had never met my squad, he just merely scanned them with his dark eyes.

He focused on me.

“Fubuki, I have some news. It seems some criminals have been getting interested in you.” Shadow said, then sniffed the air.

“No, they’re not criminals.” I said, shaking my head. I thought he was referring to the two people who saved me.

“Uh, are you talking to that dog?” Sakura asked, I noticed everyone thought I was crazy for a moment.

I looked at Shadow.

“I can talk, okay? She can hear me only, but right now I’m proving she’s not crazy.” Shadow said, everyone understood him.

“Woahhh! That’s awesome! Believe it!” Naruto said, pumping his fists in the air.

“Charming.” Shadow muttered, then returned to his secret conversation with me.

“How do you know?”

“They saved me.” I said, he tilted his head to the side and let out a whine.

“Crap, I got the wrong information.” he howled, then rubbed his head against my neck. “Forgive me!” he sighed.

“I’m not mad, you’re just trying to protect me.” I said, and petted Shadow behind his ears. He let out a howl. He gave me a funny grin.

He looked at Sasuke, then back at me.

“If he ever hurts you, tell me.” he said, I started cracking up.

“Nice.” I said, then Shadow left. I looked at my squad.

“What did he say?” Sasuke asked, curious.

“That he loves you.” I lied.

“HAH!” I heard Shadow howl from the distance, I started giggling.

“Well, is this job set? I need a kimono.” I said, getting up. Kakashi nodded.

“We’re all meeting in the town two hours before the festival. Be there.” Kakashi said, I nodded.

“Of course.” I said, then I went to go buy a kimono.