Chapter 16 [Endou's plan]

Date: 12th May, Wednesday

On the third day of practice Tsurugi managed to make the Ultimate Thunder work. He was able to make it across right to the half way across the field. Now all we had to do was to be prepared with one player who can make it through and shoot the goal.

Shuu and I had been paired up together for the past days so we were trying to come up with a HS we could do together. But to our luck nothing since both of our energies didn't quite match with each other. To be honest Hakuryuu and him were a better match. It was unfortunate Hakuryuu ended in the second team.

I tried to make another HS but all I knew was Mach Wind and Destructive Hurricane. But if I use that then my cover will be blown. So I decided to try a new style. With 2 days remaining I had to prepare a new HT at least.

Today's practice Shuu and I tried to play offense and defense. As Shuu was on defense I tried to bring out the wind in me to steal the ball. The best I did was HT Soyokaze Step. It allowed me to keep the ball with in me and blow the opponents away as I twirl around them.

I was quite impressed with this one as it had same technique as my other one. Except horizontal instead of vertical movement. Shuu was amazed with it as well. When we switched with Shuu as a offense and me as defense Shuu came up with a HT as well. It was called Dark Anshu. He stomps the ball down to create an ash smoke and went around me. And he regained the ball by his feet.

"That's amazing Shuu" I complimented him

"Thanks" Shuu said with a gentle smile.

With both of us having a new HT we might have a higher winning chance. Our bands beeped as we received a message it was from Coach Endou. His message said to gather around for an announcement. So Shuu and I walked back to the bench joining with everyone. The managers distributed out water bottles before Coach Endou started speaking.

"Alright with Ultimate Thunder being almost complete, I thought about informing you guys what the plan I had in mind for the match." Endou declared. "But first I'd like to introduce someone from the second team that will be joining in the first team from now on." 

'Someone one from the second team? O wonder who Endou is moving in. and what's his plan anyway?' I thought as I put my water bottle on the grass.

"Everyone please say hello to Hakruyuu who will be joining the first team from now on" Endou introduced him. He showed up from behind the bench.

'WHAT?! Hakuryuu is joining the first team? How?'

Date: 10th May, Monday

Hakuryuu POV

I was getting tired of the practice we had and the matches we played against. All the teams were a lot weaker not motivating at all. For once in my life I feel a lot jealous of Shuu who got a chance to play in first team. Dammit.

I was walking by the coaches office when I overheard a conversation between Coach Kazemaru and Coach Endou. 

"You're thinking of moving one of the players from the second team to the first team?" Coach Kazemaru questioned.

'What? He wants to move someone to the first team?' I thought as I was eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Yeah, but I want a forward who will be able to shoot after ultimate thunder takes affect." Coach Endou answered. "Since its gonna tough fighting against Teikoku, especially considering Kidou sent a text saying, 'say good bye to your spot in the tournament' " He added.

'What the heck is an Ultimate Thunder? A hissatsu tactic?' I thought.

"why is he sending that? Even if you want to move one forward then I'd suggest Ichino."

'Damn looks like I don't ha-' My thoughts cut as Kazemaru spoke again.

"But since he's the captain I don't think that will be a good idea. The team has would be in a shambles without Ichino." Coach Kazemaru said.

"Well how about this I'll drop by the second teams practice by tomorrow. Don't tell them about my arrival. I want you to let them practice against 8 vs 8 . you have 16 players right?" Coach Endou suggested.

'Wait what?'

"Yeah that's correct" Coach Kazemaru answered.

"Okay then if I see anyone remarkable at practice then I'll move them up to the first team" Coach Endou said.

'Moving to the first team? This was my chance if I show how impressive I am as a forward he might actually move me to the first team.' I thought about as I ran to my locker. I was highly motivated now as to move to the first team. 

'Just wait for me Shuu and Tenma I'm gonna come join you guys soon.'

Date: 12th May, Wednesday

Tenma POV

Shuu and I were pretty surprised about his appearance here. He even mentioned that Coach Endou was suspicious about him. Looks like it will be an interesting match against Teikoku Gakuen.

"He's gonna be joining in the game in Teikoku. He seems to be an excellent play with amazing ball control and most importantly he seems to have an strong shooting power. With him we will have a high chance of getting to score a goal. So for the plan is Teikoku's Match Hayami and Haruyuu will be entering to replace Tenma and Shuu. I will be benching the both of them till the last 10 minutes." Coach Endou explained his strategy to the team

"Wait what? You're benching them?" Haru asked in surprise. This was a bit of her plan except instead of me being the only one that was benched it's Shuu and me. There it goes all the effort we put in practice to just be some last minute trump cards. Shuu and I glanced and each other in disbelief and sighed.

"Do you two have any complains about that?" Coach Endou asked as he saw us sigh.

"No sir." Both of us replied together.

"Okay everyone back to practice" He clapped his hands and put them on his hips. "Oh yeah, since you have a high shooting power would you like to try something?" He asked Hakuryuu.

"Um, sure I guess" He replied a bit surprised by Coach Endou's request.

"I want you to try to see if you can do ultimate thunder" Coach Endou said.

"EHHHH??" Everyone let out as they were shocked, including me and Shuu.

"Coach, what are you doing?" Shindou asked him.

"Since Tsurugi is the only one who will be able to do it. They might try to stop Tsurugi from actually getting a chance to shoot. So you will be the back up plan for when that happens. So go join Shindou and the rest to practice for Ultimate thunder." Endou explained and gave Hakuryuu a pat on his back.

 Hakruyuu followed Shindou slowly. He looked back at the two of us and gave  smirk. 'God I hate that guy.' I thought. Shuu and I headed to the other side of the field far left. We joined with Hamano, Kariya and Kurama. All five of us watched as the others tried for the Ultimate thunder with Hauruyuu instead of Tsurugi. 

Shindou passed the ball to Hayami who passed to Kirino who passed it to Amagi. With the last one he passed the ball over to Hakruyuu who called out its name and shot the ball over to the opposing side on his first try. Everyone was frozen shock as he managed to do it one try. That was really unexpected since it took Tsurugi multiple times to get it right and he just managed to do it in one. Even Coach Endou looked surprised. Guess even he didn't expect that.

Everyone went over to Hakruyuu to praise him on his shot which was quite impressive. They all asked him like where he played cover before and questions and skill. 

I looked over to Tsurugi who was over at the bench. He was also surprised. But then Haru walked over to him and whispered in his ear. He jumped and started running after her. 'Guess he got cheered up.' I thought 

"Rule #1 of being a SEED, Don't attraction attention towards yourself" Shuu spoke.

"Rule #2 of being a  SEED, Never show them your strength" I added.

"Rule #3 of being a SEED, don't look that attractive bro, like god damn." We both said together and sighed before laughing.