Chapter 23 [Kaiou Gakuen]

Date: 22th May, Saturday

Tenma's POV

Today was the day against Kaiou Gakuen. We were arriving to Kaiou Gakuen's stadium for the match. As we were heading there Coach Endou decided it would be good time to mention some news to the team. About the fact that Kaiou Gakuen players were all seeds.

"What do you mean the whole team are seeds?" Hayami asked sacredly. 

" I don't know the details but that's what I found out about it. But that still doesn't change our goal. To win this game." Coach said.

Some of us started to get a bit nervous about the match all of a sudden because of the news. The only people who seemed relaxed were Hakuryuu, Tsurugi, Shindou, Kirino, Shuu and Me.

It doesn't faze me that much, since it was time they pulled something like this after the match against Teikoku. As we arrived to the stadium everyone headed to the locker room to change into our uniforms. When we finished changing Coach Endou walked in and annnounced the members for the first half of the game.

The line up for today's game were this.

FW Tsurugi
FW Hakuruyuu
MD Shindou
MD Hayami
MD Tenma
MD Hamano
DF Kirino
DF Kurmada
DF Amagi
DF Kariya
GK Sangoku

Afterwards Coach left the locker room and said that he will be back to tell when to line up. Until it was our time to go out to line up, we all stayed in our locker room. Some conversating, some listening to music and some stretching. I was just staying in the corner hoping that Kaiou Gakuen doesn't recognize me. Since Shuu, Hakuryuu and the rest of the Seeds we played against were able to recognize me, it still quite upset me a bit. I was a bit scared when everyone finds out about it and they might not want to include me in the team.

Coach Endou came in again and told it was time to line up, so we all got up and walked out near to the entrance to the field. As we lined up Kaiou Gakuen joined us as well. As we were there, I tried to look away hoping they won't recognize. But I guess they figured it out of my movements from the previous games.

"If it isn't the seeds that were sent to Raimon." #10 spoke. Everyone turned towards the guy who spoke. I clenched my hands in a fist while looking towards him from the corner of my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" Shindou asked irritated.

"I mean even the previous championship runner ups have two seeds on the team." he replied.

"SEEDs? Who are you talking about?" Kirnio asked.

"Well don't wanna ruin the fun in that right? Matsukaze?" He let out a snicker as he said my name.

Everyone's head turned towards me in surprise. All I could do is look at the ground not moving an inch or making a sound. The whole team fell silent as they found out the truth.

"Tenma can't be a seed right?" Shindou said.

"Matsukaze, is that true?" Tsurugi asked me.

I just stood silent till they announced the players to walk in. The atmosphere around the team change to doubt and confusion. As we took our positions I felt getting stares from my teammates. I slapped my face and concentrated on the game for now.

"It's time for the finals of the district matches. It is Kaiou Gakuen verses Raimon Jr. How will this game turned out? Will Raimon Jr. once again lead the way to victory? Or will Kaiou Gaken take their spot in the tournament?"

The game started with our kick off. As Hakuryuu got the ball from Tsurugi he back passed all the way to Kurumada. As the forwards try to move past to the opposing side, midfielders try to get make their way through as well. Some of us marking members and some of us were open. As the ball went from Kurumada to Kirino, he passed the ball over to Hayami.

Since we proceeded with the training from Haru, I had expected that the ball would be passed to me but as soon I moved up, Hayami passed it to Hamano who was really confused. He lost the ball immediately since #9 was gonna be marking him. As #9 approached the defense Kariya used his HT to stop him. That was lucky.

As Kariya got the ball he called out to me and passed over to Hamano. But when he got the ball he passed the ball over my head to Hayami. Hayami passed the ball over to Shindou, who went past the midfielder. I stood there for a moment processing what was going on. That's when I came to realize what was going on. The team doesn't wanna pass to me since they think that I am a seed. Which I am not.

I stayed put in my position not moving to see how long will it take for them to pass the ball to me. Kaiou Gakuen on the other hand were quite strong. We lost the ball so many times. Even though we regained it. In the end they had gotten chance to score 2 goals. Everyone was out of breathe trying to catch up with the opposing teams.

With some snickering Kaiou Gakuen decided to let the seeds with the avatar continue the match. They released their avatar and got past the defense. They scored a goal using the avatar. Sangoku's weak HT could no longer protect the goal. Also the team's coordination were all off and was not able to continue the game.

My blood started boiling cause they were not passing to me. With a few minutes remaining until first half ends, I decided to score a goal on my own. As Tsurugi got the ball I called out to him. As he glanced back and saw me running towards his right. he passed the ball over to me and I dashed across the midfielder. As #7 approached me to steal the ball, I used Soyokaze step to avoid him. 

As soon as I went past the midfielders the defenders surrounded me. I avoided contact with them and controlled the ball within my grasp and went past them. As soon as I got in front of the goal, I released my avatar.

"Magin Pegasus" Everyone froze in surprise. I jumped up with the ball and called out my HS. "Kaze no Hoko". With the GK unable to react in time, my HS went right through and scored a goal.

"What a Goal From Matsukaze Tenma. Not to mention a spontaneous Avatar from the first year. It seems Raimon has another Avatar user." The commenter announced.

The whistle blew as the first half ended with a score of 1-3 with Kaoiu still in the lead.

"And with that the first half has ended with Kaiou Gaken in the lead. But who would had thought that the first Year Matsukaze tenma had an avatar?" The commenter added.

Everyone headed over to the bench to recover from the first half. The managers handed everyone their water bottle. The atmospheres was quite thick as no one spoke a word. Just then a loud clap was heard and everyone turn their head. It was Tsumugi.

"Is this really the Raimon from before? The same Raimon that took down Teikoku? What's going on out there? And what's up with this think atmosphere?" Tsumugi said in tone of disappointment.  Everyone were just silent. No one knew what to say about what happened out there.

"Tenma" I turned my head to meet eyes with Endou. "When did you learn how to use and avatar?"

I gazed down to the grass and inhaled and exhaled before speaking.

"I learnt it when I was training with Fifth sector"