Chapter 17 [Teikoku Gakuen]

Date: 16th May, Saturday

Tenma's POV

Today was the match against Teikoku. Unfortunately for me I was benched for the game. Coach Endou had announced the starting members for the game yesterday. 

FW Kurama
FW Tsurugi
FW Hakuruyuu
MD Shindou
MD Hayami
MD Hamano
DF Kirino
DF Kurmada
DF Amagi
DF Kariya
GK Sangoku

Our formation was 3-3-4. At first, we qere told to just play as we regularly do, if they start  scoring then we will turn the game around using the HT. I don't think Teikoku will have a chance with Ulitimate Thunder being complete and with two players being able to use it they might not have  a chance. Even if they stop Tsurugi, Hakuryuu will get a chance to shoot. Good luck to Teikoku I guess. The game is in their hands for now.

Shindou's POV

I stood in my position ready for the whistle to be blown. I stretched my hands a bit but still felt a bit sore from three nights ago. The match against Teikoku will be a tough one, but its good thing we have three strikers. I'm sure we will succeed. We probably won't even need to substitute Tenma and Shuu either. 

The whistle blew as the game began with Teikoku's kick off. As the game began Teikoku started passing the ball to their teammates fast as possible it was fast enough for us to be in shock for a moment. Luckily Hakuryuu cut in between #7 and called over to me and passed the ball. As I received the ball and was about to pass to another player but all of my teammates were marked by Teikoku. The captain of Teikoku approached and stole the ball. He headed straight for the goal, unfortunately for him Amagi and Kirino was there to stop him. #11 passed the ball over to #10 who was free from the right side and slid past over defense. Fortunately Kariya stopped him with his HT, hunter's net. As he got the ball he passed to Hamano but the ball got stolen again from #9. He set to shoot for the goal with his HS. Sangoku used his HT to block the shoot. Unfortunately, he was unable to stop the shoot and they scored the first goal.

"Is this really the Raimon from match against Mannouzaka?" Teikoku's captain spoke from behind me. I turned to face him.

"I saw a pretty interesting guy in the previous games so I was really excited to play against them but it seems that he got benched for this game. That is quite unfotunate."

"What are you talking about?" I asked him irritated

"Nothing." He said as he walked back to his side.

'We had benched a player he was prerrt interested in? Is he referring to Tenma or Shuu? Why are they curious about either of them? Is what Coach Endou said true?' I thought.

We all went back to our position ready for the our kickoff. As we were about to kick of we got a message form the coach indicating to use the HT with Tsurugi. As we started the kick off Kurama and Hakruyuu kept the ball within themselves before passing the ball over to me. I called out everyone to get ready for the HT. Hakuryuu and Kurama ran from oppostines sides to confuse Teikoku.

As how our HT works Tsurugi ran past us as we charged up the ball one by one. As It reached Tsurugi he called out the name and sent the ball to the opposing side. 

"ULTIMATE THUNDER"

The power from the ball unleashed and sent the defenders flying out of the area. Hakuryuu came in and got the ball. He used his HS,white hurricane to make a goal against the surprised goalkeeper. Even though the goal keeper used his HT he couldn't stop Hakuryuu HS. With that we were now tied with 1-1.

The game continued with both of our teams not giving each other a chance to score back. They got a ball after we had gotten the ball out of the field . They took this chance and #11 scored a goal against us using his HS. It was a powerful shot and it overpowered Sangoku-senpai senpai HT.

They got in the lead once again. So we decided to do the plan from last time but immediately after the kickoff they marked Tsurugi as they knew what we aimed for. This was just like Coach predicted, they marked Tsurugi without hesitation. So we went with plan B. We did Ultimate Thunder using Hakuruyuu. The opposing team stood in shock as we did the HT with Hakuruyuu. With them being frozen Tsurugi got free and headed up the field. When the defends flew away once again Tsurugi used HS, Death drop to make a goal to tie the score.

With Teikoku left a bit irritated we started with the next kickoff. As the game started #11 started approaching towards on his own suddenly. As he got closer his back showed black aura. It was an avatar. He released his avatar to make a comeback. He pushed him self through us and was able to shoot a goal. With an avatar released this changed the outcome of the game. 'This is bad. Who would had thought they had a guy like him on the team.' I thought.

The second half ended with Teikoku in the lead. 'What will coach plan? Will he substitute Tenma and Shuu into the game.' I thought. I hate to admit it but they had a fast reaction from the previous game. They somehow managed to lower the power of an avatar shot. It wasn't even a simple shot but a HS. It would be better if they join the game honestly.

As we all gathered near the bench the managers passed us our drinks. As we all were resting Coach Endou spoke. 

"It's seems like Teikoku has member who can use his avatar this is gonna be a bit troublesome. But that doesn't mean it's over for us. We have Tsurugi as well who can use his avatat. He shoot back as well alright."

"But what if there are more people who have an avatar? Against Mannouzaka we had 2 avatar.
What if Teikoku has 3 or even 4?" Hayami said scaredly.

"Even if they had one Kidou wouldn't let them play in the game. So to switch the game up in the second half we are going let Tenma and -" Coach Endou's sentence cut off as Kirino spoke out of nowhere. "Wait coach"

"What's wrong?" Coach asked him.

"We will be find for now we will switch this game around without Tenma and Shuu" Kirino declared. What could be going through his mind. How would we even win?

"How are you going to do that?" Coach asked him.

"You will see, right Shindou?" He looked over to me and asked. He seemed to want me to agree with him. I realized what he meant in that moment. The incident from three nights ago. I looked over to Coach Endou and spoke.

"Actually I can use and avatar Coach."

"What?" Everyone gasped in surprise.

Date: 13th May, Thursday

Kirino and I were heading home from practice all worn out. We were having small conversations about the Teikoku. As we were walking a ball came launching at us at high speed. I was able to react to it and return the ball by a shot.

"Who's there?" I asked as the ball landed near at the foot of a masked person. He was wearing a black and white jersey. There was another player next to him as well look a bit rather relaxed. They both were wearing white mask with holes infront of there eyes but nothing but black color appeared in that area. They both had a symbol on the fore head of the mask. Some familiar looking symbols.

"Shindou Takuto" The guy who seemed to have long black hair in a ponytail spoke.

"My name is Leo and I'm going to crush Raimon"