Chapter 13 [Sponsor]

Date: 3rd May, Monday

Tenma's POV

After school I received a message to my eleven's band saying we had an emergency meeting back at the club. Aoi and I were heading there when Shinsuke also started tagging along with us.

"Did you guys get a message from Coach Endou?" He asked.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I asked him in surprise.

"I got one too for an emergency meeting" He replied.

"I wonder what happened to call a meeting so suddenly with both teams" Aoi wondered and asked.

"I don't know" I responded. Although i know a bit from Saturday.

Flashback

"well if that is your plan at least try to stop Raimon from playing in the matches" Kuroki said.

"How would he do that?" I asked him curiously.

"We have a plan actually" Kuroki replied with a smirk.

Ends

When we arrived at the club both teams members were there waiting for Coach Endou. Everyone seemed to be in a conversation wondering why were we all called for a sudden meeting. After Coach Endou came the atmosphere changed. I could tell he was very serious from the way he walked in. Without a normal greeting like the usual he just announced the bad news which I assume.

"Everyone I know how much you all love to play against other schools, but unfortunately the luck that was on our side has suddenly faded. We just lost our sponsor."

Everyone was shocked all started questioning why, what and how. Coach Endou calmed us all down before asking Otonashi-sensei to show something on the screen.

"We are live from Island's Resort where the owner had been serving not only expired food but taking more money than before from the visitors. Many of the visitors had to consult a doctor after having food and had to pay to get the medicine. They has even been reports off people missing and getting lost from the forest. When the police explored the staff building they found some of the missing people. This was a very unexpected turn of events not only was this terrible but also was a sponsor for the famous Raimon Jr high Scho-" The reporter gets cut off as Haruna closed the video.

"As you can see Island's Resort has been shut down, which means we won't have a sponsor" Otonashi-sensei said in a sad voice.

"And because of that we wont be able to play in the next following games unless we find a sponsor" Coach Endou added.

"Well I'm sure we can find another sponsor easily, right?" Hamano said happily only for Coach to respond back seriously.

"If it was that easy I would had gotten two different sponsors for both teams but it hasn't been really great recently. Sponsors nowadays don't care about the support, they just want the money. Once you get sponsored from a pretty famous school they increase the jersey prices for the fans. I'm afraid its gonna take at least two weeks at best to find a sponsor and get all of your uniforms ready."

"That's really terrible news. Anyways can I skip practice for this week?" I asked Coach Endou calmly.

Everyone was surprised and disagreeing with what i am saying.

"Just because we don't have a sponsor doesn't mean we will stop practicing Tenma" Endou replied.

"No, it's not that i don't wanna stop practicing but there are exams that are going on this week. So I'd rather focus on that for the week."