Chapter 40 [Kidokawa Seishuu]

Date: 12th June, Saturday

Tenma's POV

We arrived at the stadium and got off the bus. As we were about to head inside, I heard someone call my name. I turned to to my left to see my cousins and my younger brother. "What are you guys doing here?"

"To cheer you on, Nii-san" Tenki said.

"Who are these?" Shindou asked me approaching me from behind.

"Oh these are my cousins, Tatsuki and Katsuki ." I said as I introduced my cousins.

"And this is my younger brother, Tenkishi" I said patting his head.

Everyone suddenly surrounded us as they look at my cousins. 

"Dude how come your cousin looks a lot like you?" Kariya said as he pointed towards Katsuki.

The both of us just glanced at each other as we looked back at him. "Yeah we get that a lot."

"Our moms are twins, but I was born an year before Tenma. Oddly, our parents got quite confused sometimes."

"You're younger brother is adorable." Akane-san said as she snapped a picture of him holding on to the railings.

"You should see me play football. I am way better than him." He said side eyeing me in grin.

"I don't sleep with a stuff animal." I said as I looked away smirking.

"HEY" He screamed as he jumped on to me and put his arm around my neck in an attempt to choke me. Tatsuki immediately pulled him away before he started to pull my hair. I waved them good bye before heading to the lockers with my team.

 As soon as all of us got ready, the Coach announced everyone's positions.

FW Kageyama
FW Tenma
FW Kurama
MD Hamano
MD Shindou
MD Shuu
MD Hayami
DF Kurumada
DF Amagi
DF Kariya
GK Sangoku

My eyes widened in surprise as I was put as a forward. My position was usually as a midfielder and I haven't been a forward since Kaiou Gakuen but that was because we were behind by points.

"The reason I'm putting Matsukaze as a forward is so he can guide Kageyama. I noticed that in the practice match. When Tenma shot the ball in Kageyama's direction he quickly reacted to it but his aim was off. But the moment Tenma jumped in to head the ball to the goal, Kageyama was about to jump."

"So what kind of strategy is this?" Kurama asked.

"I want to distract the opponents from the regular Raimon to this one." Coach said as he ended the meeting. We all got out of the locker to line up since it was time. As we lined up, Kidokawa came beside us. The captain of the team waved to Shindou and they both greeted  each other.

"Hello, Shindou, looks like we are meeting before the finals this time." Kidokawa's Captain spoke to Shindou.

"Yeah, but this time we wont lose." Shindou replied to him.

"I guess we will see." Kidokawa's Captain said.

We walked on to the field and got ready for the match to start.

~

Today's match started with our kick off. When the whistle blew, Kurama passed the ball over to me. I back passed it to Shindou as he led the team. We were going to try small approaches and defend tightly. Us, forward tried to get pass the defense as quickly as possible. 

Kageyama was unfortunately blocked by #8 and #11. I passed by #9 and #6 and Kurama gotten past #10 and #7. The opponents tried to cover Shindou to stop him from passing the ball over to us. But Unfortunately Shindou sent the ball over to Hamano who used his Offense Hissastu, Naminori Piero and broke past #6.

Hamano quickly sent the ball into the air where it was possible for me to reach it. I quickly jumped up and called out my new HS, Overhead Boost. I used a bicycle kick and sent it to the goal. But as name seems familiar, it is indeed a tricky shot. 

The defenders wasn't able to react in time to stop the shot, but they relied on their goalkeeper to stop the shoot, although the shot was a lot weaker,  it was quick. As soon as the goalkeeper jumped to the left to stop the ball, the ball immediately curved right and went into the goal.

I had shot the first goal in immediately, now it was time to shake them up a bit. Also the HS right now is inspired from Rapid Boost. I shot the ball upside down so the direction will change to the right.

Once we had scored a goal, Kidokawa had their attention on me. For the first half they covered me completely prevented me from getting the ball after the first shot. Kurama's shots were completely blocked by the keeper. I think it would time for him to develop a new HS soon. Kageyama on the other hand was completely noticed as a beginner player, since it was easy to steal the ball from him and he wasn't good at keeping the ball.

There was a couple minutes before the first half ended, so I decided to try and get Kageyama to shoot a shot. Once the ball was out side the field, I walked by him and tell him what to do. "Try to get past #8 to #5." I looked back at him and he nodded. Then I ran to Kurama and asked him to do something else. "Can you try to pass the ball over to me?"

"Aren't they covering you tightly? We might lose the ball." He said back to me.

"Don't worry I won't let that happened." I said making a promise.

"Alright, I will do my best." He replied.

"Thank you." I said as I walked back to an open area. 

I noticed the stares from the opponents since they saw me have a conversation with Kurama. The game continued from a throw in from Raimon. Hayami threw the ball towards Shuu. Kurama called out for the ball #6 went to cover him from getting the ball. Even though he was getting covered Shuu got past #7 and passed the ball aimed towards Kurama. 

This was where I cut in and went in from the right side towards them. In the corner of my eye I saw Kageyama get past the left side defenders. At that moment Shindou also came to the middle which made both defenders on the left to cover him. 

As #2 and #4 approached me, I used HS, Rapid Boost. Now as I recall this shoot will curve to the left  but if I shoot it from the right side it will curve completely. So when the goalkeeper went to the left side to catch the ball, he met eyes with Kageyama who was completely open. He caught the ball and shot it right towards the surprised goalkeeper. Apparently Kagayama's shots had a lot more power even though he was a beginner. So when the Goalkeeper tried to reach for the ball, it went in pushing his hand away.

With that the whistle blew as the first half of the game ended. I ran towards Kageyama to give him a hug.

"GOOD JOB! Kageyama! You didn't miss this time."

"It's all thanks to you Tenma!"

The whole team came in congratulating Kageyama before we headed to the bench. And that was the end of the first half.

~

A/N

OMG 40 CHAPTERS DAMN... 3 more matches to write about. I believe Seishou, Outei and final Seidouzan.

Sorry for the late upload I ran into a 403 error when I searched for Wattpad on my work place PC.

Anyways hope you enjoyed and don't forget to vote.