Chapter 54 [True Leader]

Date: 9th July, Friday

Third POV

Tenma was finally released from the hospital yesterday. After being able to walk again, his doctor warned him not to play soccer. So his mother informed the Coach about it so he was not allowed to be on the field at all. he was just benched watching them practice.

"You alright Tenma?" Aoi asked Tenma noticing the glare he was giving to his team.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Just depressed cause I can't play..." He answered to her in a sad tone.

"Don't worry, they will win for you. They would not even have made it to the finals without your help." She comforted him.

"Thanks Aoi" he said before getting up from the bench and leaving the practice field. he had decided to head home as this was not helping him out at all. If only the Match was postponed to next week. He thought. He waved bye to Aoi and left to walk all the way home.

He passed by the arcade where he recognized a pair of white hair and black hair. he stopped in his tracks and entered the arcade after paying the fee. he slowly walked up behind one of the arcade machines as he watched them from the corner. It was Shuu and Hakuryuu hanging around with some group of familiar people.

"You know this is kind of fun. You guys should join us." Matatagi spoke as he turned to the duo.

"I'd rather die than join you." Hakuryuu replied with a glared towards him.

"Excuse me?" Matatagi said with a blank expression.

"Did I stutter?" Hakuryuu responded back to him before getting stopped by Shuu. "Hakuryuu, Stop."

"Why are we even babysitting these guys anyway?" Matatagi asked the white haired male. 

"Because they will snitch to the whole team, plus their suspension will go after today." Ibuki said not looking away from the shoots he was making in the basketball game.

'Snitch?' Tenma thought as he listened to there conversation. 'What I was hearing wasn't making any sense at all? Wait there were suspended because they will snitch to us.'  He decided to come out of the corner and approach the duos.

"What do you mean by snitching?" He asked and got their attention. Matatagi turned from the racing game and Ibuki stopped shooting for the hoops.

Shuu and Hakuryuu turned to the brunette and their eyes lit up. Both of them quickly came towards Tenma and stood beside him. "You two okay?" Tenma asked the both of them looking a bit scared.

"Tenma, Listen. We have to run." Hakuryuu whispered in his ear.

"Well, well, well, Matsukaze Tenma. To what do we owe you a pleasure." Ibuki smirked before approaching with his hand in his pockets of his jacket.

"Cut to the chase, are you the ones responsible for their suspension?" The brunette asked the Ibuki in anger.

Ibuki scoffed "Of course, we study at your school so we plan the suspension." He replied with sarcasm.

Before Tenma could speak again Hakuryuu and Shuu dragged him out of the arcade. Ibuki and Matatagi looked at each other and sighed. Ibuki grabbed the tickets he had won from the game while Matatagi texted to his group. After Ibuki grabbed a prize, Matatagi ran out of the place in high speed to catch up to the trio. Ibuki followed behind him on his skateboard.

The trio had reached over to the riverbank and had hidden under the bridge. All of them panted as they caught their breathe. After a while, Shuu spoke to Tenma.

"Tenma, you have to tell everyone what we are about to tell you." Shuu said to him.

"What is it?" Tenma asked finally able to breathe slowly.

"The Zodiacs. Those guys are the zodiac!" Hakuryuu said suddenly.

The brunette widened his eyes and froze for a moment before screaming. "What?!"

"Yes, they forced us to go through suspension so we would not snitch on them." Shuu explained to Tenma about their suspension.

"Why would they do that?" Tenma asked still shocked about all of this.

"We don't know exactly, but we believe Haru is a traitor. She's a member of the Zodiacs." Hakuryuu confessed to Tenma. Tenma was frozen in shock not saying a word.

"Wow, talking bad about your friends that's a terrible decision." A familiar voice spoke catching the attention of trio. They looked behind Tenma to see the golden hair and the ocean blue eyes. Tsumugi Haru.

"Haru, how did you-" Shuu spoke but was cut off. "I thought I saw a familiar pair of yin yang running past my car. So I thought I wonder why they are running." She replied as she approached the trio

"YOU TRAITOR!!" Hakuryuu yelled at the blonde. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD BETRAY YOUR OWN TEAM LIKE THIS" He yelled in anger and frustration.

"huh?" Haru let out in confusion. She tilted her head before speaking. " I don't know what your talking about. I was simply following orders." She replied with a grin.

"Aren't you the leader? Leo the leader." Shuu said to her reminding her about her identity. She hummed before speaking.

"I am Leo, but unfortunately I am not the leader of the Zodiac Eleven." She said rolling her eyes and pulling the bangs out of her face. 

The expression of Shuu and Hakuryuu turned pale. "What do you mean?" Shuu asked her in shock. She happily walked over to the two of them, facing face to face before speaking.

"The thing is, I was hired by a guy on the internet who exposed of the fifth sector's plan. I am someone who loves soccer so seeing it being controlled I decided to help out the guy.  I am simply an acting leader to stand in for him." Haru explained the past event.

"I see, you met our acting leader." A familiar voice spoke as the a group of people appeared behind the trio from the other side. 

"Oh hey, guys what are you all doing here?" Haru questioned the members.

"Following orders..." Mizukawa spoke before slapping the bat on her hand. Hakuryuu and Shuu flinched by the sight. It was everyone on the zodiac team, Ibuki, Matatagi, Minaho, Konoha, Manabe, Nozaki, Kusaka and Tetsukado. Including these 8, Haru and Mizukawa it was 10.

A realization kicked into Shuu about the words about Haru shad said. "Wait... Someone exposed fifth sectors plans on the internet..." Hakuryuu looked over to Shuu who spoke to Haru.

"Yeah, You do remember what happened that day at Kaiou Gakuen match right?" Haru smirked at them. 

~

"I stopped working for them after finding out that they were going to control soccer by taking over the organization."

"That's probably because I deleted myself from the system before leaving."

~

"Kaiou..." Both of them muttered before stepping away from the brunette. As Tenma lifted to meet eyes with them he held a blank expression.

"That's right... The former seed of the Fifth Sector, Matsukaze Tenma also known as the True Leader of Zodiac Eleven; Libra!" Haru said as she hanged on Tenma's shoulder. Tenma sighed before speaking to the duo.

"I'm sorry, I dragged you guys into this." Tenma apologized as he stared at them.The two were silent shocked by the truth.

"Sagittarius, knock them out." He commmanded.

The green haired devil jumped towards the duo and swung her bat. The swing was not strong enough to make their head bleed but enough to knock them out completely.

"Finally play time's over" Haru spoke looking over to the fallen bodies of the duo. "So, is your leg healed?" Haru asked the brunette who crouched down.

"Yeah, thanks for hiring that doctor." Tenma replied to her as he grabbed the phones out of the duos pockets.

"No problem" Haru replied to the brunette.

"So what are we going to do with the two of them?" Mizukawa spoke as she poked them with the bat. Tenma stood up and passed the phones over to the blonde before speaking. "We will give them a vacation. No worries." He looked at them with a soft gaze.

'Tomorrow's the day.'  Tenma thought.