Chapter 55 [Raimon vs Seidouzan]

Date: 10th July, Saturday

"The time has finally come for the finals of the football frontier. It is the Raimon Jr. High versus Seidouzan. Who will take the victory of todays match?" The commentator announced. 

The Stadium was filled with people from all over the cities, including the teams that participated in the tournament. One of them was Outei Tsukinomiya's captain, Amemiya Taiyou.

"I highly doubt that they will play Matsukaze Tenma. I mean, you remember him passing out on the field after the final whistle." Sata Tosamaru said to Taiyou looking closely at the field.

"I know, that's why I wanna see how things turn out without him. He was an excellent player who saw through us and chose to save his team even if he broke apart." His voice broke a bit as he spoke. "That's what a true leader is. I want to be like him."

Sata smiled at the words of his best friend. "I'm sure we will play against him once more in the Autumn." He put his arm around Taiyou shoulders as Taiyou turned to him and smiled. "You're right"

As the two waited for the match to begin, Raimon on the other hand was warming up on the field. Coach Ichihoshi looked over to the team, checking their conditions and observing them.

"Hey, Aoi!" The coach turned his head over to the red haired manager. The mangers were wearing the away uniform jersey with yellow skirt to cheer the team.

"What happened to Tenma? Why isn't he here?" Midori yelled at Aoi softly. The startled expression changed to a sad expression on the blue haired manager before speaking. "He said, he had to visit the doctor's. I even went over to his house to bring him along but he shut me down immediately. He told me he will come to watch the match after the appointment."

"Aww, come on" Midori let out a sigh. 

Coach Ichihoshi read the expression of Aoi seeing a believable face. 'I thought Matsukaze would be quite stubborn as Endou-san I guess I was wrong.' The coach thought before whistling to gather the team whom were warming up.

"Well that's everything, Otonashi-sensei. We leave the team in your hands." Aoi spoke to Otonashi-sensei. She gave them a soft gaze and a smile before wishing them good luck. All three of the managers walked out of the benches as they hurried over to the stadium.

"Well, this was quite the surprise right guys?" Hamano said as he stared over to the crowd supporting behind them. All the members looked over to the stand looking over the group of cheerleaders.

Raimon Juniors Cheer Squad was there to support Raimon. 

"What was more surprising? The fact that we had them or the managers joined them?" Nishiki said smirking.

"I never thought, I'd see them in anything except the school uniforms." Kariya said look over to them.

"But it truly is unfortunate."

"What?"

"Tsumugi Haru isn't there. I bet she would had been amazing in wearing the jer-" Hamano sentence caught mid sentence as Tsurugi walked past him bumping into him. "HEY Watch-" Hamano tried to yell to him but met with a glare from Tsurugi that he turned pale.

Kariya smirked at Tsurugi's reaction and whispered to Hamano. "I'd be careful when I talk about someone who's taken."

"What do you mean?"

"While at the arcade during two weeks ago I saw the two of them, wandered around into a corner holding hands."

"No way"

"HAMANO! KARIYA! ARE YOU TWO LISTENING?" Kirino yelled at the both of them. They both rushed over to the semi circle surrounding the Coach. The Coach sighed before speaking again.