Chapter 53 [Tenma and Aoi]

Slight warning: It's just a conversation. Mostly talking is present in this chapter.

Date: 6th July, Tuesday

Tenma's POV

My mom was waiting till Aoi arrives to take Tenki home. I read over the letters sent by my teammates. Most of the said to get well soon. Some of them mentioned not to push myself any further and rest well.

It's good to know that they are all okay. Looks like I'm gonna have to rest anyway.

A knock was heard before the doors slid open. A recognizing face showed up in blue hair in her casual clothes. Aoi...

"Aoi your finally here. We had been waiting for you." My mom said.

"Ahh, you didn't have to wait for me."  Aoi said with a gentle smile.

"It's alright. I just need to take Tenkishi home. I will return around 6pm after I feed him. Tenma do you want anything?" She asked me as she grabbed her bag.

"I'd eat anything handmade by you, Mom" I said to her with a smile. She smiled back and took Tenki with her and left the room saying her goodbyes.

Aoi turned to me and had an angry expression. She stomped her way over to me. I quickly cover my head with a blanket in case she was going to hit me or something. "Tenma, remove the blanket." She said angrily.

"I don't want to." I replied to her.

"Remove the blanket." She said.

"No" I refused.

"Stop being so stubborn" She added.

"Nope." I denied. Since I was still refusing she pulled up the blanket and pulled it over her head. We met face to face and I just put a nervous smile on my face while she was still angry.

"Just how stubborn can you be?" She pouted as she pulled the blanket off us. I apologized to her as I scratched my head. She sat in the chair my mom had sat on before before she spoke.

"The coach and I said so even if you didn't stop it, it is okay." She looked at me with concern. I soften my gaze and smile at her. I put my hand on top of her and told her softly.

"I'm really sorry but I couldn't just watch all of them get hurt." She frowned a bit as she held my hand back.  "But you want be able to play in the finals. Doesn't that feel unfair?" She sighed.

 I rubbed my thumb on her hand as a spoke. I looked into her eyes as I spoke. "It's fine plus, the only reason Raimon is able to advance into the finals is because of me. Right?" She softly smiled as she spoke. "I guess so..."

I let go of her hand as I stared at her. Then I remembered her cheer practice so I asked her. "So how is cheer practice going?"

She got surprised and chuckled before speaking. "I stopped going because you were not gonna be there when I cheer."

I frowned a bit. "That's too bad, but still you are cheering for Raimon. So it will be better if you do it" I asked her with a bright smile. "Don't stop for me, do it for me"

There was a bit of a pause as she stared back at me. I tilted my head a bit and she responded looking away. "I'll do it for you I guess.."

I grinned back to her and she giggled back. I wondered how the team was so I asked her about them. She said that are practicing very hard to make sure to win. Though some of them seem to be unfocused and unmotivated once in a while. Shindou did his best to make sure their spirits never died. Maybe I have to drop by the school tomorrow.

After some conversation with about the team, my stomach grumbled a bit. I held my stomach as i sighed. "I'm a bit hungry..."

"Do you want me to go buy some drinks?" Aoi suggested as she stood up. I nodded to her.