Chapter 22 [Tsurugi's crush]

Date: 19th May, Wednesday

Tenma's POV

Yesterday Tsurugi had asked me to train with him in today's practice. I wondered why he asked all of a sudden though. I had been thinking about this since yesterday. I headed to the locker room with Shinsuke. The locker room doors slid open revealing Tsurugi exiting. I greeted him with a simple hello.

"Oh hey, I'll see you on the field." He replied.

"Yeah okay" I replied. As he left Shinsuke asked curiously about our awkward interaction. I just said that he wanted to do some practices together. We never interacted with each other that much in the first place. As I opened the locker and took off my shirt to change into my uniform.

"WOW Tenma!" Shinsuke said in suprise.

"Hm?" I turned around to face him.

"Your scar" He pointed at my back. I just chuckled a little before putting on my uniform.

"How did you get that?" He asked.

"When I saved my dog from a pile of wood planks. they were quite heavy so it sorta wounded my back." I explained to him.

"Oh i see, So that's where you found Sasuke right?" he asked as he remembered about Sasuke.

"yeah he was really small at the time but now he's so now big and lazy too." I replied. I headed to the outdoor field after saying bye to Shinuske. As soon as I arrived Coach Endou called me over.

"Tenma! Can you come here?" he called out. Tsurugi was there standing in front of him.

"Tsurugi want the two of you to pair up to train, what do you say?" He asked.

"I do- I- I mean Yes." Phew almost slipped there.

"Okay then you guys can go practice on the right side of the field." Coach Endou said as he pointed behind me. Tsurugi caught the ball which Tsumugi threw to him and walked over to the right corner side of the field.

Tsurugi said that he wanted me to steal the ball from him. As simple as it sounded I underestimated this guy. He was quite amazing. He got a good control of the ball, and didn't even let his guard down even at my silly distractions.

"Look a UFO" I exclaimed.

"..." Tsurugi just gave me a stare in disbelief.

"Who taught you that?" He asked. I just laughed off before running towards him to steal the ball.

 We did like almost 10 rounds and I haven't stolen the ball yet. I tried to release some energy to let the wind surround me but it kept failing. The wind disappeared or made me fall. As I was out of breathe I asked Tsurugi to take a break for a moment. This guy wasn't even sweating nor was he tired. What the heck?

As I was drinking my water a question popped into my head. This seemed to be a good time to ask him as well.

"Hey, are you and Tsumugi dating or something?" I asked him. He got surprised and choked on his water a bit. After clearing his throat he asked. "No, does it seem like we are?"

"Sorta" I replied.

"I see" He muttered.

"I mean she's the only one who calls you by your first name, plus you both seemed to know each other" I said. 

"Our moms were friends that all" He added.

"So what's you guys relationship like? Just friends?" I asked curiously.

"In her perspective, Yeah." He said in a quiet tone.

"Oh... but what about yours?" I asked.

"..." A silence passed for a minute as he looked gave a glare downwards. I called out his name to snap him out.