Chapter 43 [New Goalkeeper]

Date: 14th June, Monday

Shinsuke's POV

Tsurugi released his avatar and shot the ball towards me. I tried to put my hands in front to stop the shot. But it got through and flew me into the goal. It was painful, but not painful as before. When that Zodiac guy shot me it was way stronger. I fell on to the ground but I still stood up. I don't wanna be weak and pathetic, I wanna become stronger to stop them. I walked towards the front of the goal trembling a bit.

"Come on Tenma. Give me your best shot." I said to Tenma. Because I was determined to stop the shots. I will protect Raimon's goal this time for sure. Tenma grabbed the ball and and put it by his feet.

"Shinsuke, think of me as a member of those guys." He motioned his hands to his face like he wore a mask. I imagined it was that guy on the team. Libra. The one who shot that last shot. "Magin Pegasus" He released his avatar. 

"TENMA, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HE'S YOUR FRIEND?" Aoi shouted at him. But he simply looked over to her and mumbled something under his breath. This will probably hurt him more since he could hurt me. I need to stop it no matter what.

He raised the ball and shot it to the sky and jumped after it. He called out his HS. "Heavenly Drop!" As he shot the ball down from the back of his ankles. As I met eyes with him it resembled me of Libra completely. My eyes widened...

But as the ball came closer all I could think was 'If I can't stop this I will let everyone down. They all are counting on me.' I held my ground and screamed as I tried to catch the ball using both of my hands. The ball was completely spinning in my hands and pushing me into the goal. My hands started to tremble  making my arms bend and give up. I saw Captain and the rest in front of me looking at me. All eyes were on me. Even Libra's. In the corner of my eyes I saw Coach with widened eyes in surprise as if he had seen a ghost but he gave me a look like he believes in me.

'It wasn't just the team that was trusting me but the Coach as well.'

Flashback

As we were changing in the locker the goalkeeper of the first team spoke to me.

"Looks like your gonna be a goalkeeper instead of a defender. How does that feel?" He asked me with a smile.

"Well a bit weird." I replied since I was still confused why Coach wanted me to be a goalkeeper.

"Well just so you know if you happened to surpass me I will be entrusting the goal to you. Plus I will graduate this year, so it was time to get another goalkeeper trained." He said. He was a third year and will be graduating this year. 'I guess I can try and protect the goal.' I thought.

Ends

Remembering the conversation from before, I closed my eyes and screamed louder as I straighten my arms. I opened my eyes to see the ball moving a bit slower than before like it was losing it's momentum, so I turned the ball with my hands from horizontally to vertically as I stopped the shot in my hands. My legs trembled as they gave in and I dropped the ball. I caught my breathe panting as the ball rolled slowly to the side. I looked over to me hands to see the gloves were almost destroyed.

Someone extended their hands to me and I looked up to see a black silhouette because the sun was shining behind them. Through the holes on his mask, I met a pair of greyish blue eyes. As I focus more on his face I saw the mask slowly fade away revealing tearful face with a smile. Tenma's face.

"Shinsuke, You did it!" He said. " What?" I asked.

"You finally released your avatar." Shindou said.

"I'm sorry, but you did amazing. You stopped my Hissatsu Shoot. I'm impressed."

"I did it" I said as tears swelled my eyes. I was so happy but I shed some tears of happiness.

Ichihoshi's POV

I could not believe it. Nishizono was able to stop Matsukaze's Hissatsu Shoot. For the first time even. Looks like it was a good choice to change him to first team. Endou-san will be proud.  

I blew a whistle and got their attention. They gathered around me in circle.

"Seems like you have exceeded my expectations Nishizono. From now on you will be Raimon's Goalkeeper." I told him with a smile.

"I will do my best, Coach." He said.

"Sangoku, I am entrusting you to teach him well." I told to the goalkeeper.

"I feel like I should learn from him instead. I wouldn't had been able to stop Tenma's shoot." He said as he looked down at Nishizono.

"I'm sure you can do it Senpai. If I could do it so can you." He said looking up to Sangoku grinning.

"Well when you say that I feel like I could. Could I Tenma?" He turned to Matsukaze and asked.

"If you have a avatar maybe" He joked. Everyone laughed at his comment and the atmosphere around them became a lot more cheerful. Since Nishizono wasn't prepared with a training menu, I decided to hold a 5 vs 5 with the team split into 4 teams. I asked Sangoku and Shinsuke to play the goal keeper for 2 of the teams. I also noticed that we have 6 midfielders so 2 people would have to play twice. I only know two people who would be familiar with three positions.

"Tenma and Shuu will also play twice, but to make sure you guys don't end up playing with the same keeper. So Shuu will play Team A-D and Tenma will play Team B-C. I noticed both of you have excellent stamina so I'm sure you will do fine when switching."

"There will be 2 matches A vs B and C vs D." I said as I announced all of their positions.

Team A
FW Tsurugi
MD Hamano
MD Shuu
DF Kurumada
GK Sangoku
Formation: 1-2-1

Team B
FW Kageyama
FW Matsukaze
MD Shindou
DF Amagi
GK Nishizono
Formation: 2-1-1

Team C
FW Hakuryuu
MD Hayami
MD Matsukaze
DF Kirino
GK Sangoku
Formation: 1-2-1

Team D
FW Kurama
MD Nishiki
DF Shuu
DF Kariya
GK Nishizono
Formation: 1-1-2

"Unfortunately A cant fight C and D cant fight B. And A can't fight D and B cant fight C. Understand?" I explained to the team.

"Can't you just the both of them in the same team as the goalkeeper?" Hamano asked me.

"Then how will both of the goalkeeper react to them as an enemy?" I asked him.

"Ah I see" He responded understanding.

First was A vs B so everyone on both of those team started warming up. Both teams will play for 20 minutes total. And when it is time for the other players to play the players will take 10 minutes of warp or rest before starting. Of course, this was also for analysis. I wanted to see how they handle on their own and such.

Matsukaze and Shuu are playing midfielders with Hamano and Hayami the players with slow stamina. They seemed to get tired a bit easily for running around. Then there's Matsukaze as a forward with Kageyama to guide him more. And Shuu with Kariya for defense.

I think I will make them do this practice for the whole week. And switch some of the players around as well. Let's see how this will go. The whistle blew as the match started.