7. Ninja Academy

It was Inora's first day at the academy. She stood beside Itachi happy that she can become a shinobi soon. She looked around and saw a lot of parents there who came for their kids. Her smile fell a little wondering how happy she would be if her parents were here.

"Hey Inora, look over there" Itachi pointed out. She saw a masked Anbu standing not so far away watching her. She beamed happily knowing who it was. "Thank you Kakashi" she said softly which only Itachi heard.

Mikoto made lunch for both Itachi and Inora. She thanked the Uchiha couple for their kindness and made her way towards her journey of becoming a shinobi.

Itachi and Inora were classmates. Their sensei introduced himself and asked everyone to introduce themself.

"I am Inora." She hesitated a bit and looked at Itachi, he gave her a small smile with a nod. She took a deep breath "I am Inora. Inora Namikaze. Hope we can all get along"
There was gasps and whispers suddenly

"Namikaze? As in Minato Namikaze? The fourth Hokage?" Whispered a kid from behind her.

She had enough of those whispers. As the sensei was about to stop them she spoke "Yes. Minato Namikaze is my father. And I would be happy if you see me just as Inora Namikaze." She didnt want to be pitied nor did she want to be treated specially just because she was a Namikaze.

~

All the students were outside practicing shuriken jutsu and sensei was evaluating them. Itachi as usual landed everything perfectly. It was Inora's turn and she did the same. All the students were shocked. Boys were jealous of Itachi as the girls were basically drooling at him.

It was a good start. Inora learned many things from the academy.

~

"Hey Naruto" she smiled at the 8 month old. Today at academy we had a sparring session. I won and sensei was impressed. You think mom and dad will be happy". She asked who just pulled at her hair. "Ouch! That hurt you blonde ball" Naruto started giggling. Inora smiled at her brother. "I can stay with you like this only as long as you are a baby. Once you become a kid I should stay away from you Naruto. Once you are big enough I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive you big sister" She gave him a kiss oh his forehead and went to train with Itachi and Shisui.

"Hey Shisui"
"Hey Red pepper"
"Dont call me that you dumbass" Inora launched herself at the elder boy. Within a few minutes she was pinned down.

"How do you do that? You win everytime we spare" Inora pouted. "That is because he is a genin while we are still at the academy" Itachi said joining them.

"You are late Uchiha" Inora huffed. She look at him for a bit and squinted her eyes. "Did you eat dumplings without me?" She asked

"What? How did you?" She took a piece of dumpling that was stuck on his hair. "And here I though I was clumsy"

"Izumi gave me some dumplings" Itachi said a little embarrased at being caught red handed.

"Izumi? Izumi Uchiha? That is nice of her" Inora knew Itachi had fangirls in his class. But she always noticed Izumi looking at Itachi with a fondness in her eyes. Inora was happy that Itachi is able to make other friends. He never really talks to anyone in the academy besides Inora. He is not good at showing emotions but to Inora he was always an open book. She could always say what he was thinking. Same goes to Itachi. Their friendship is something that made Shisui a little jealous but he was happy he was also a part of it.

Itachi slightly blushed at the mention of Izumi "Yeah it is."
Inora chuckled, not wanting to embarass him further "Okay lets continue with the training."

This was basically Inora's everyday routine. She would go and meet Naruto after leaving academy and then train with Shisui and Itachi. She would also train with Kakashi whenever he didnt have Anbu missions.

~

It has been a year since Inora joined the academy. Naruto is a little over a year old. It was break time and Inora sat in the class alone going through her notes she took regarding her father's flying thunder god jutsu. She performed it a year ago to get to her mother. She tried it later but it never worked out. But she has been carefully studying all the scrolls her father left behind. She will make sure to master it no matter what.

A commotion in the academy halls brought her back from her notes. She went to check it out only to see something she never thought she would see in her entire life