29. I wont let you die

Inora opened her eyes slowly taking in her surroundings. She had no idea why she was asleep in the cave. She tried remembering what happened

Forgive me Inora.

Everything came crashing into her mind. She gasped loudly. "Shit! Damn you Uchiha." She panicked not knowing what to do. Suddenly she remembered marking him with her jutsu formula. She performed hand signs to teleport herself to Itachi Uchiha hoping she wasnt too late.

~

The sight in front of her made her dizzy. She couldnt register what her eyes were seeing. Both Itachi and Sasuke were lying in a pool of blood. She immediately got to work putting her emotions away for now. She checked on both of the Uchiha brothers. Sasuke was fine. Few injuries and exhaustion, nothing too serious. He will live.

But Itachi was hurt badly. She noticed something severely wrong with his heart. It was about to stop functioning. She started doing CPR in hopes of keeping him alive. It wont take long for any Akatsuki member to come and find them. She didnt have enough time. She passed some of her lightning chakra in his heart in hopes of getting his heart to beat normally. It actually worked but not as much as she wanted to. She felt some chakra getting near them. She placed a sealing jutsu on his heart only known to Uzumaki clan medics which she learned from old scrolls her mother kept. It would make it seem like he was dead to any other person but his heart would be slowly beating. It wont hold for long but that is enough for Inora to do the necessary preparations.

She immediately teleported away from the place and saw a guy with orange mask and a weird looking plant guy taking Itachi and Sasuke away. She didnt have time for this. She teleported back to the village and sneaked into the leaf hospital.

She sealed whatever medical supplies she may need in a huge scroll. Itachi may need a heart surgery too. So she stocked all the medical supplies she needs and teleported back to her apartment. She then remembered about a place she hasnt visited in so long. She teleported to that place leaving a shadow clone of her in the village.

It was an Uzumaki clan underground hideout. She found it in one of her mother's diary about her clan. This is where she found the scrolls. Nobody knows this except Tsunade. She knew if the scrolls in here were to fall in wrong hands it would be a big trouble so she hid the entire place using a sealing barrier to make sure nobody finds out except her.

She started cleaning the place and unsealed all the medical supplies she brought with her. She needed a bed. She possibly couldnt steal a bed from the hospital, so she teleported back to her apartment and marked her own bed and brought it back to the hideout. Within an hour she prepared everything necessary to treat the man she loved.

~

She desperately hoped there wasnt any Akatsuki member near Itachi when she reached there. She completely masked her chakra and teleported to Itachi. What she saw made tears fill her eyes. He laid in a cold dungeon floor and his eyesockets were empty. "Damn monsters." She muttered to herself and produced a clone that looked exactly like the Itachi in front on her. She made sure to erase any trace of her presence and marked the hideout for possible future uses. She carried him bridal style teleporting him back to the Uzumaki hideout.

The moment she was back with an almost dead man, she laid him in the bed and immediately got to work. She released the sealing jutsu in his heart and started checking him again. He had a lot of injuries and his right arm was covered with burn marks. But what made her worry the most was the disease that was slowly spreading in his heart. How come he never told anything about this to her? How come she never noticed that he had a disease? She can ramble all she want later but for now making sure he stays alive is her first priority.

"I wont let you die Itachi."

~

He definitely needed a surgery. Surgeries were not something Inora was experienced at but she had no choice. She couldnt possibly ask help from anyone so she hoped for the best and got to work with utmost concentration. She knew the procedures for the surgery. She was very precise with her chakra making sure she doesnt make any mistakes. The surgery lasted for hours and she felt exhausted.

The surgery was a success. He made it past the danger zone but it wasnt an achievement she could sit and relax. She swallowed a couple of soldier pills and started treating his eyes. "Those damn bastard took his eyes." She muttered in anger. Her feelings slowly started to surface. No. She cant get distracted. She pushed away her thoughts, she can deal with Akatsuki and Sasuke later. For now she concentrated on healing him and nothing else.

~

She woke up not realising that she had slept an hour or so due to exhaustion. She immediately checked on Itachi and sighed in relief to know his vitals were stable. She spent 3 whole days treating him continuously. She was beyond exhausted. She managed to patch him up for the most part. But it takes time for all the injuries to heal completely. His brain was in a state of comatose.

He was guilty. He hated himself for not being able to save Shisui. He hated himself for not being able to stop the coup. He hated himself for killing his entire clan. He hated himself for making Sasuke abandon his village. He hated himself for hurting Inora. He hated himself so much that he completely accepted death in the hands of his own brother. Inora wasnt exactly sure if he would ever wake up from his coma.

As for his disease, she made sure to stop it from spreading further for now. But it needed a special herb that was very rare to find. She needs to brew a potion using the herb to heal that kind of disease. He needs to heal from his surgery completely, then only his body can accept the potion. She remembered Tsunade having some of it in her collection. She needed to get back to the village.

~

She gathered whatever chakra she had left and teleported back to her aparment. She was beyond exhausted. Her shadow clone in her apartment vanished when she came back. She fell on the couch unable to stand straight. She wanted to go and get the herb but couldnt move from her spot. She knew it wasnt urgent but she was scared. Scared of losing someone she loved so much. She cant afford to lose him. Not after she did all this to keep him alive.