Bonus 4: Answers

Shinji was nervous. This was the very first time he lied to his parents about something. He had no plans with Inojin today whatsoever but he lied to them. He was actually relieved to know nobody suspected him for his lie but at the same time felt guilty. But he cant help it, he needed answers. And he was going to do everything within his reach to find them.

The first thing that came to his mind was the library. So Shinji now stood in front of Konoha Library hoping he would find the answers he was looking for.

Shinji never really visited the library except for a couple of times he came with his dad when he was maybe 3 or 4. The library was huge making him sweat drop in nervousness. Thankfully it wasnt crowded, only a few people here and there which gave him some sort of relief.

He had no idea where to start looking so he just stood there completely dumbfounded when he was interrupted by an old woman. "Hello there little one. Are you looking for something?" She asked kindly. "Uh.. um.. no.. I mean actually yes." Shinji replied scratching his neck awkwardly. 

"You are new to library arent you?" The old lady asked with a smile making Shinji flush in embarassament. "I.. Is it that obvious?" He asked quietly. "It is but I am happy to see young kids like you taking initiative to come to library. How about I help you find what you are looking for?" She asked making Shinji bite his lip.

"Um.. Are you sure? I dont want to bother you." He said hesitantly making her smile. "Dont worry son. Its not a bother."

Soon Shinji found himself in the second floor of the library that contains books on the History of Konoha all thanks to the help of the old lady. He went through the racks hoping to find the book he was searching for. To his surprise he found it fairly quick.

He picked the book that had the proud Uchiha clan symbol embedded on his outfit on its front cover along with a book titled 'The Yellow Flash of Konoha.'  to fool people just incase he met someone he knew. He took both the books to a table near the window and sat down. The second floor had even less people and was much quieter.

"The Uchiha clan is one of the powerful shinobi clans. Their sharingan is considered their greatest trait." He read as there were drawings of the evolution of sharingan from one to three tomoe. He remembered how his brother had a single tomoe when he first awakened his sharingan.

"Even more exceptional is the Mangekyo sharingan which has a different pattern. When it awakens, a special pattern appears in the eye enabling one to see through taijutsu, genjutsu and ninjutsu." A frown formed on his face as he wondered if his father and uncle has this special patterened Mangekyo Sharingan as he read more.

"The Sharingan awakens when there is a deep emotional trauma. The Uchiha clan, due to grave misfortune nearly lost its entire leniage." Shinji's heart pounded hard inside his ribcage as he felt like he was closer to the answer he was seeking.

"At present, the only ones known to carry the bloodline are the Uchiha siblings, Itachi Uchiha and Sasuke Uchiha along with their children." He read until the end but there was no mention as to why the Uchiha clan almost lost their entire leniage.

Shinji sighed in slight frusration as he went to helping desk. "Uh.." He stared at the man behind the desk who was busy typing something on the computer. Shinji cleared his throat which caught the man's attention. "Hi! How can I help you?" He asked with a smile.

"Umm.. I would like to see the data you have on Itachi Uchiha." Shinji replied making the man to type something on the computer. "I am afraid the data you are asking for is restricted." The man replied making Shinji clench his fists. "What about Sasuke Uchiha?" He asked desperation clear in his voice. "I am afraid those are restricted as well." The man replied.