34. The guy with Orange mask

"We wont let you get your hands on Naruto that easily, Madara Uchiha." Kakashi said standing behind the masked guy with Chidori. "There are no attacks that exists to work against Madara Uchiha." He said. "I dont give a damn if you are Madara or a pretend dummy, you wont be able to lay a single finger on Naruto without physically manifesting yourself. You are inside my territory now." Inora said erecting a powerful barrier around them.

Madara chuckled "I never imagined to meet you this soon Inora Namikaze. I did have a plan in mind but I just want to talk for now. I want to know what you did that made Nagato betray me, Naruto. You sparked my interest." He said. "I dont care what you have to say. What do you plan on doing with Sasuke?" Naruto yelled at the intruder. "I will tell you the story of Sasuke Uchiha. But Sasuke's story cannot be told without telling about Itachi." Madara said making Inora's breath hitch.

~

"Thats a lie. You are making all of that up." Naruto yelled. "Your jokes arent funny. Who would believe a story like that?" Kakashi said. "I am not lying. If you dont believe me, why dont you ask the Crimson Flash of Konoha?" Madara said making Inora's eyes widen. Both Kakashi and Naruto looked at her. "What is he saying Inora? Tell us he is lying." Naruto said while Inora remained silent. "You didnt really think I was unaware of your little love story with Itachi, did you?" Madara asked which made her glare at him.

"It doesnt make any sense. If what you said is true, why would Sasuke join the Akatsuki instead of returning to the leaf to carry on Itachi's will?" Kakashi questioned. Madara chuckled "Sasuke is a true avenger. He chose this path to avenge Itachi for the sufferings he went through because of the leaf and also for the entire Uchiha clan." He said.

"Sasuke is no avenger. He is just a teenage kid who couldnt make proper decisions and you are using him to your own advantage." Inora said with her eyes full of rage. "I am curious Inora. Did you know Itachi was going to die fighting Sasuke? Were you aware of his disease? Did you try stopping him?" He asked. Inora's eyes got glossy which gave him the answer he wanted. "So you were aware. But he didnt listen to you did he? He loved Sasuke more than he loved you." Madara said provoking her. "Shut up. You know nothing about me and Itachi. So shut the fuck up." Inora growled in anger with tears filling her eyes.

'How does he know all this? Does he know that Itachi is alive? Or is he just playing with me?' A lot of questions popped in Inora's mind making her dizzy.

"Why? Why did all of this turn into such a mess? Why did he chose vengeance?" Naruto asked to which he explained about the curse of the Uchiha and about the Sage of six paths and his children.

"It is such a shame that Itachi died. But Sasuke has shouldered the burden of all that hatred and he intends to strike deep with that curse. That hatred is his strongest weapon and it is Sasuke Uchiha's ninja way. One day I will make sure you and Sasuke fight the long predestined battle. I will have Sasuke validate the existence of the Uchiha." Madara said. "Sasuke isnt just your toy you know. Quit talking nonsense." Naruto yelled.

"You think you can make Sasuke have a change of heart like you did with Nagato? That is just a fantasy Naruto. Not even your sister was able to convince the Uchiha she loved eventhough he knew being with her was the only way to escape his cruel reality." Madara said looking straight at Inora. Tears threatened to fall from her eyes but she kept her composure.

"Is that your goal? To validate the Uchiha? Then why collect the tailed beasts? What is you true purpose?" Kakashi questioned. Madara sighed "Talking to you about it now is pointless. I will explain it at a more appropriate time and place. It was fun chatting with you guys. Later." He said and vanished.

~

"Is it true?" Kakashi asked to Inora who never uttered a single word ever since Madara left. Naruto just sat with his back against the wall thinking about what happened a while ago. "Yeah" Inora whispered which no one would have heard if it wasnt too quiet. "So you knew this all along and didnt think of telling any of us?" Naruto asked loudly which made her flinch. "What do you want me to say Naruto? That the best friend you are desperately trying to rescue is the reason I lost the man I love?" Inora asked her voice strained.

Kakashi sighed "We will discuss this later. This will stay within the 3 of us for now." He said sternly. "Danzo wont hesitate to kill us if he finds out we know the truth." Inora said quietly. "He was the reason behind Shisui's death. He was the one who pushed Itachi into making a choice. I tried stopping Itachi. I really tried. If only I was there in the village during all this, I could have done something." She cried letting out all those unspoken emotions.

Ever since she came to know the truth about the Uchiha massacre she never talked about it to anyone. She made sure to comfort Itachi as much as she could. But the truth had its effect on her too. She felt guilty for not being able to be there for him, not being able to save Shisui. Now she doesnt even know if he will wake up ever again. She always supressed that thought but now it all came crashing to the surface.

Kakashi hugged her "Its not your fault Inora." He said feeling sorry for her. He knew that Itachi's absence had an effect on her. But to think so much happened between Itachi and Inora without him knowing and the fact that she was keeping it all to herself made him feel really bad.

~

A while later.

Naruto sat on the roof of the inn while Kakashi went to find something to eat. Inora sat there thinking about everything that happened with Madara.

It is such a shame that Itachi died.

She was a bit relieved to know that Madara had no idea about Itachi being alive. She really wanted to tell Sasuke the truth. But will that change anything? Can Sasuke be convinced to come back to the Leaf knowing that its because of the leaf he lost his entire family as a mere kid? She really had no idea what to do anymore. She hoped that Itachi would wake up soon before it was too late.

~

Inora felt 4 familiar chakra coming towards them. It was Sakura, Sai, Kiba and Lee.

Inora stood beside Kakashi while Naruto stood in front of them. "What are you guys doing here?" Naruto asked confused.

What Sakura said next made everybody's eyes pop out in shock.

"I love you Naruto"