27. Ultimate Ninjutsu

It has been a couple months since Naruto started training for his ultimate ninjutsu. Inora wasnt able to meet Itachi since she was stuck in the village and Itachi was busy doing Akatsuki stuff. But they have been exchanging messages through Roda. Inora informed Itachi about team Kakashi's meeting with Sasuke but she left out the point about Danzo sending Sai to kill his brother. Sai was a good guy so she didnt bother telling Itachi about that.

Naruto tried hard working on his jutsu. He was able to split the waterfall that Yamato made and now he was working on adding the chakra nature to his rasengan. It was raining heavily but still Naruto was training hard to master the jutsu.

A few clones were leaking the nine tailes chakra and Yamato was doing his best to keep them under control. Naruto looked so depressed so Inora went to talk to him. "Hey Naruto. How are you feeling?" She asked. "This training is impossible. I cant wrap my head around the chakra control technique. I dont know if I can do this." He said sighing heavily. "Who the hell are you? The Naruto I know never gives up. No matter the situation he always finds a way to push through it. That is who Naruto Uzumaki is. The one whom I truly believe can surpass the fourth Hokage." She said to boy who was looking at her with his mouth wide open. "I am not giving up. But I just dont know how to do this. Its like looking to the right and left at the same time. It feels impossible." He said a bit agitated. "Thats not completely impossible." They both heard the masked jonin. Kakashi created a shadow clone. "See. I am looking to the right and left at the same time." He said shrugging. Naruto's eyes immediately lit up. He made 3 clones instead of 2. He took the hint from Kakashi's shadow clones and started training.

"Kakashi. We need to call of the training and return immediately." Yamato said to the three of them. "What happened Yamato?" Inora asked noticing another jonin who came to deliver a message. "Asuma Sarutobi.... has been killed." He said. They all stood there wide eyed. Inora slowly took in his words unable to process it.

~

They all stood there in front of Asuma's grave attending his funeral. Inora was able to feel another chakra inside Kurenai clearly. She knew she was pregnant. She still couldnt wrap her head around the fact that Akatsuki killed Asuma. Konohamaru was crying badly and Naruto stood near him and tried comforting the poor genin who lost his uncle. Inora looked around but couldnt find Shikamaru. She heard Choji telling Ino that Shikamaru already left his house when Choji went to his house for him.
She went and stood beside Kurenai and gave her a firm squeeze on her shoulder reminding the woman that she is not alone.

After the funeral she talked with Ino and Choji a bit. It was night time and she decided to pay Shikamaru a visit. She went to his home and saw Shikaku. "Let it go son." She heard him say and the sound of Shikamaru's cries were heard. Shikaku saw Inora and nodded in acknowledgement. Went he left Inora slowly opened the door to the room where Shikamaru was. She saw him with his back against the wall and eyes full of tears. He started crying again once he saw her. She immediately went to hug him. "Its okay Shikamaru." He hugged her back and sobbed uncontrollably.

"It was all my fault. I should have come up with a better strategy." He said sobbing on her shoulders. "Its not your fault Shikamaru and you know it. Asuma knows that too. You are his student. He wouldnt be so happy to see you blaming yourself." She said rubbing his back. "Losing someone you hold dear to you is really hard I know it better than anyone. Stop blaming yourself and concentrate on whats next." She said and broke the hug. He felt a bit better now. "Thanks Inora. I needed that." He said sincerely. Inora fake gasped "Did the great genuis Shikamaru Nara thank me? Oh my! I guess I am still dreaming." She joked and that earned a little chuckle from the Nara. "You are such a drag." He mumbled. "Now thats the Shikamaru I know." She said smiling.

~

The next day.

Inora and Kakashi were watching as Naruto was slowly getting the hang of his new jutsu. It was almost done and Naruto was concentrating on perfecting it.

"Did you meet Shikamaru?" Kakashi asked concerned. "Yeah. I did. Knowing him he probably came up with a strategy to kick those Akatsuki butts." She said. "Do you think Shikamaru will go after them?" Kakashi asked quietly. "He looked upto Asuma so much. It wouldnt be a surprise if he did go after them. But he is no fool. He is Shikamaru Nara. He wouldnt do anything without a proper strategy." She said to the worried man.

"Kakashi sensei I think I finally got it." Naruto yelled at the two of them. They both went towards Naruto and he made 3 clones and started making the new rasengan. "This is as far as I have ever gotten." Naruto said holding his new rasengan. Kakashi immediately made a rasengan "Well lets see what happens if it collides with my rasengan. If your jutsu is near completion my rasengan will be cancelled out." Kakashi explained. And they both collided their rasengan.

Inora saw what happened and her eyes widened in shock. Kakashi's hand was burned badly. She went to Kakashi and started healing his hand immediately. They both looked at Naruto. Inora felt like looking at her father. "He did it." She whispered and her eyes were glossy. "Minato sensei." She heard Kakashi whisper. "That was good but it still has room for perfection." Inora stated her thoughts. "Yeah. I noticed that too. I will get working on it." Naruto said and begam training. Inora wrapped Kakashi's hands in bandage. "Are you okay?" She asked him. "Yeah. I am." Kakashi said looking at Naruto proudly.

~

Kakashi left with team 10 as their leader. Inora was the one who wanted to go but Kakashi asked her to monitor Naruto and he went with Shikamaru. "Do you think Shikamaru's plan will work?" Yamato asked Inora. "It has to work. He wont take such a risk otherwise." She explained when Sakura came running. "Lady Tsunade has given 24 hours to Naruto for perfecting his jutsu. If he doesnt do that Lady Tsunade said she will send another squad as backup for team 10." The pink haired girl informed the 3 of them. "24 hours eh? Captain Yamato lets get to work." Naruto said and created a bunch of shadow clones continuing his training. "Inora. Lady Tsunade wants you to accompany us too if Naruto completes his jutsu." Sakura said to the redhead. "Got it." She said.

~

He did it. He finally did it. He mastered a jutsu that was impossible for Minato and Inora. "So what do you plan on naming it Naruto?" She asked him hoping he wouldnt name his jutsu something stupid like her father always does. "I call it the Wind style: Rasenshuriken." He said excitedly. "That sounds cool. Its about time we test it out. Yamato gather your team. We will get going." She said and all of them were gathered near the gates in no time.

They ran for a few minutes and Inora stopped doing a wide area scan for Kakashi's chakra. "Found them. All of you hold my hands. I marked Kakashi. So we will be teleporting to him." She said and they all held her hands. Suddenly they were all in a different place and she saw Kakashi pretty beat up. "Where is Shikamaru?" She asked immediately. "He is fighting the other guy alone." Ino said. Inora immediately rushed towards Shikamaru's chakra after giving a nod to Yamato.

~

She went through the woods rushing towards Shikamaru. She heard a voice yelling about some Jashin and punishment. "You and your God dont frighten me." She heard Shikamaru's voice. "Right now the God you should be worried about isnt your stupid Jashin or anyone else, its me. Because I'm the one who is about to pass the judgement." She saw him near what seemed like a deep pit with a kunai tied to a paper bomb. "Looks like you have it under control Shikamaru. I thought I might get some action. But I came rushing for nothing eh?" She asked walking towards him. She looked into the pit and saw a guy in pieces yet he was alive. "You must be the immortal freak who killed Asuma. Karma is a bitch isnt it?" She said to the one inside the pit. "Its over." Shikamaru said avoiding Hidan's stupid rambling and threw the kunai. It blasted and the pit started collapsing and he was burried alive.

"You did great. Asuma will be proud of you Shikamaru." Inora said to Shikamaru and they walked out of the forest. They saw Sai , Sakura and Pakkun rushing towards them. "You guys are late. Shikamaru handled the guy alone." Inora said shrugging. "Lets get to the others. Hold my hands." She said to them and they all teleported to where the others were. When they reached there Inora saw Naruto aiming his Rasenshuriken at the other guy Kakuzu. It hit him perfectly and created a huge blinding blast. Naruto was too close to the shockwave so Inora immediately teleported to him and took him to a safe distance. The jutsu was so powerful and the shockwave was really strong. Naruto was exhausted. Inora gave him some emergency treatment.

They all saw Kakuzu falling from the air and Kakashi delivered a final blow killing him with his chidori.