28. Forgive me

Team Asuma and team Kakashi along with Inora were back at the Hokage's office reporting back on what happened on the mission. Tsunade instructed everyone to take a few days off to relax the body and mind.

Naruto was admitted to the hospital to treat his arm and Kakuzu's body was brought back to examine the effects of Naruto's jutsu on him.

~

"Hey Naruto and Sakura." Inora greeted the both of them and saw Sakura heeling Naruto's arm. "How is it?" She asked the pinkette. "He still hasnt completely healed yet" she said. Inora checked him herself and felt the amount of damage his arm took just by using the jutsu. She sighed heavily knowing this wasnt very good. "You shouldnt use such a jutsu often Naruto. You should only keep it as a last resort." Sakura adviced the blonde. "Dont worry Sakura. You and Inora will always be there to heal me right?" He said smiling. "There is only so much medical ninjutsu can heal. Your jutsu is really powerful but it still has such an effect on your body too. So you should be careful Naruto." Inora warned her brother.

"Yeah. Yeah. I am fine. We are planning on eating ramen. Wanna join us Inora?" Naruto asked looking at her. "I still have to submit your hospital reports to Tsunade sensei. You can go I will catch up to you. Dont stress your arm too much." She said and left to see the Hokage.

~

"The jutsu transforms chakra into thin needles and ruptures the entire chakra network. Thats what happened to Kakuzu and I'm sure you are aware of Naruto's injury. He too suffered it but in a lesser degree. He shouldnt be using that jutsu anymore. I told Kakashi to tell him that." Tsunade explained to Inora. She knew this was coming. She felt really sad. She knew how much effort Naruto put into mastering this jutsu but it cant be helped if it takes a toll on your body. It happened to her too.

"That cant be good can it?" They heard Jiraiya's voice popping from the window. "Why do you and Kakashi always pop up from windows? Dont you know that there is a door for people to enter?" Inora asked raising an eyebrow.

"I wonder if Kakashi will be able to tell him." Tsunade sighed. "I will talk to him." Jiraiya said. "He is at Ichiraku. He invited me too. Lets go see him old man." Inora said and they both left.

~

"So his injuries were that bad eh?" Jiraiya asked Inora while they were walking. "Yeah. It was such a powerful jutsu. But it comes with risks." Inora said disappointed. "I still remember you laying in the hospital bed for weeks after using your Lightning Rasenexplosion." The sannin said. "Dont remind me of that old man. I know how frustrating it is to know that you cant use the jutsu you put so much time in mastering." Inora pouted.

The Sannin chuckled. "What is so funny?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. "Nothing. It feels like yesterday when Minato told me he was blessed with a daughter but now to see both you and Naruto had grown so much right before my eyes, I feel so content." The sannin said smiling. "Yeah. That is true. I still remember playing with a snotty blonde baby but he is now a fine shinobi. You must feel pretty old. Oh wait. You are an old geezer." She said chuckling. "Who are you calling an old geezer you punk?" Jiraiya asked raising an eyebrow.

Inora laughed a little. "But on serious note, I couldnt thank you enough old man. You have been always there for my family from the very beginning. You are a truly great shinobi and I am really happy to have you as family." She said smiling at older man sincerely. He looked at her for a bit, stunned by her words and smiled widely "Did I hear that right? Is Inora Namikaze, the Crimson Flash praising me?" He teased her. "Oh shut it old man." They were both laughing "You have truly grown a lot Inora. I am sure Minato and Kushina would be proud of you and so am I." The sannin said and before she could reply they both saw Konohamaru getting punched by Moegi for using the Sexy jutsu. Jiraiya gave both Kakashi and Inora a nod and went with Naruto to talk to him.