Bonus 3: S Rank Criminal

Shinji sat on the dinner table along with his family as his mind was still on the events that happened today morning. Who was that cloaked figure? What did the person meant by knowing what his father is really capable of? Shinji has heard several stories about their parents. About how they were young prodigies and graduated academy when they were his age.

He also was aware that his father made it to Anbu when he was 11 and his mother when she was 14. But what the person said about pure blooded Uchihas stuck to his mind like a leech. He knew that his grandparents from both sides died when their parents were younger. But he never knew the full story.

Now that he thinks about it, there arent any Uchihas beside the one currently in this house and the one next door. Atleast the ones that he knows of. "Whats wrong Shinji? Is the food not to your liking?" He heard the voice of his father breaking him out of his thoughts. "Oh! Its nothing dad." Shinji said as he started eating his food.

Shinji then took a deep breath as he came to a conclusion. He was curious and he needed answers. "Mm.. Dad?" He called out making Itachi look at him. "Why arent there any Uchihas besides our family and uncle Sasuke's?" He asked and didnt fail not notice his mother's shocked expression but his father had the calm expression he always has.

"Thats a pretty good question. I wonder why I never thought about it." Shisui also joined as he munched on his food. "The Uchiha clan was faced with an extreme trial and perished because they failed. Your uncle is the only one who was supposed to survive but thanks to your mother I did too." Itachi replied as calm as ever making Shinji scrunch his face as he processed his father's answer.

"What does that supposed to mean?" Shisui asked completely clueless. "You will know when you are old enough." Itachi replied with a smile and that was enough for Shinji to know that he wont be getting any more answers from his dad. It was painfully obvious that his mother was trying to distract them with another topic before they could ask any other questions but he decided to let it go. Atleast for now.

~

Shinji couldnt sleep. He couldnt get what his father said out of his head. What was the trial the Uchiha faced? Why did he say that only uncle Sasuke was supposed to survive? What did his mother had to do in all of this? Who on earth was the cloaked figure? How did the person know about the Uchiha? He had so many questions. But no answers.

Shinji was aware that his father didnt deny him an answer. He just gave a completely vague one without any proper details. He also knew that he will get the answer one day but he was just curious as fuck. He knew he would definitely regret what he was about to do.

He was painfully aware that this cloaked figure he decided meet could very well be an enemy. But his curiosity beat his fear. But still he wasnt a fool. He carried his mother's special kunai with him. All he needed to do was send his chakra blaring through the kunai if he finds himself in danger and his mother would be there in a matter of seconds.

Shinji wore a hoodie and sneaked out as slowly as he could. He jumped out through his window but suddenly heard a faint noise making him freeze. He could have sworn it sounded like his mother but he just shrugged it off as him being paranoid and made his way towards the training ground with Inora's kunai tucked under the sleeve of his hoodie.

~

"Glad to know you are here Shinji Uchiha." He heard the same voice as soon as he reached the training grounds. A shiver ran down his spine but he kept his face emotionless as he looked around to spot the person. Soon the cloaked figure emerged from the trees and stood a few feet away from him.

"I wont ask again. Who exactly are you? What do you have anything to with knowing my dad?"  Shinji asked as he was on complete alert keeping his guard up making the person chuckle. "Arent you a cute little boy?" The person cooed making an irk mark appear on Shinji's forehead but he didnt let it show.