41. The war begins

Inora stood there with all the other shinobis. Over 80,000 shinobis were gathered, ready for the war. All the preparations were done. The commando unit was already on the move. She saw all the captains of the 5 companies gathered on the top with Gaara, the commander of the entire battle regiment in the center.

With all shinobis from different villages gathered together there was still distrust among them because of the past. Inora was getting irritated with all the unpleasant chattering around her. It was slowly turning into a fist fight. Before she could react Gaara's sand separated the ones fighting. And Gaara's voice echoed silencing all the chitchats.

"In the name of gain and profit, nations have hated and hurt each other for many years from the 1st to the 3rd great ninja war. All of that hatred cried out for power thus I was born. I was hate , power and a jinchuriki. I wanted nothing more than to destroy everything. And now the Akatsuki wants to do the same." He said, everybody was listening him carefully.

"But then, a single shinobi from the leaf saved me. We were on different sides but we both were jinchuriki. Despite me being an enemy there was another person, more like a sister who treated my injuries. Between those who have experienced the same pain, there can be no hate. We have all experience the pain because of the Akatsuki. So now there is only shinobi." Everybody gasped at his words. Inora was able to sense the change in atmosphere. Everybody had a determined look on their faces.

"And if you are still not able to forgive the Sand, you can face me once the war is over. The friend I spoke of is the target of the enemy. If he falls in the enemy's hands, the world is finished. I want to protect my friend and this entire world. But I am too inexperienced for that, so I ask all of you please lend me your strength." He said making everyone cheer. The difference and hatred long forgotten. Everybody stood under the same category of shinobi wanting to protect the entire world.

~

The third company stayed in their position at the given location waiting for a signal from the commando unit to confirm the enemy's presence. Soon Kakashi and the others saw the red flares from the sky launched by none other than Sai. Before they could react all of them saw the commando unit being attacked and they fell down.

"We need to move. Lets go." Inora said and they moved fast. Before the enemy could attack Sai and the others Kakashi and Inora rushed for defence.

"I knew I had to fight but I never thought it would be you Kakashi. It seems like its neither heaven nor hell." Said the demon Zabuza of the mist. "This is the world of the living. You shouldnt be here. You were brought back by a reanimation jutsu." Kakashi explained. The rest of the troops waited for their instructions.

Soon they all felt ridiculous amount of chakra emitting from the reanimated shinobis. "Fall back." Kakashi instructed while everybody went back to their initial position. Everyobody was informed about the enemy in front of them.

The Demon Zabuza Momochi of the hidden mist , Ice style user Haku, Explosion style kekkei genkai user Gaari of the hidden stone and Scorch style kekkei genkai user Pakura of the hidden sand.

"Everyone be on guard." Inora warned. "You have to stop us Kakashi" Zabuza said. Suddenly it felt like something snapped and the reanimated shinobi became mere puppets in the hands of Kabuto. "Ninja art: Hidden mist jutsu" Zabuza said and the entire place was covered with thick mist.

"Assemble battle group with sensory type ninja at the center, the rest of you take up the Manji formation and cover 12, 3 ,6,and 9 o'clock positions. Zabuza can attack us using sound only. He is the expert of silent killing, everyone watch your backs. Inora, prepare your sealing jutsu." Kakashi instructed everyone revealing his sharingan.

There were a lot of cries, blood and sound of kunais clashing. Kakashi and Zabuza were fighting when suddenly there were few more who joined the fight. The former 7 ninja swordsmen of the mist along with their blades.

~

"Is everyone ready? We will attack as one." Kakashi ordered. Everyone was fighting, but with the thick mist around, it was difficult for most of them to see. Kakashi came up with a plan to take out Zabuza and launched towards the enemy while Inora concentrated on preparing her sealing jutsu. "I had the shadow of one enemy but there hasnt been enough contact time for the secone one." Ensui Nara said a bit nervous.

Inora stood up ready to go. "I got this. Help the others." She reassured them teleporting herself to Kakashi. Even in the mist she was able to make out that Kakashi pierced through Zabuza with his chidori. She immediately released her sealing jutsu, sealing away both Zabuza and Haku.

"Kakashi, let me indulge. Maki and her team can handle the sealing." Inora suggested and the elder agreed immediately. Considering such a situation with the ninja swordsmen, he cant afford to not have Inora's speed and strength. The mist started to clear and her eyes locked with the ninja who was capable of handling all the 7 ninja blades, Mangetsu Hozuki.

She saw Kakashi bleeding, she immediately healed him and got herself infront of the ninja swordsman she decided to engage.

~

"I guess it has been a long time Inora Namikaze. You have grown into a pretty woman." Said an amused Hozuki. "I never imagined to see you again after our little encounter years ago." Inora replied with the same amusement at their reunion.

It has been almost over 6 years since their last encounter. Mangetsu Hozuki was someone Inora respected so much despite being an enemy. He was an excellent shinobi and an amazing swordsman. Same goes to Mangetsu, nobody has ever lived another day after facing him and his sword but the Crimson Flash of Konoha did, for which he respected her greatly. All those years ago, Inora found herself in a situation where she was forced to fight Mangetsu inorder to complete the solo mission she was assigned.

Not once has Inora ever considered retreating during all the 41 solo missions she had been on except for the one which involved the man standing in front of her. The fight lasted for hours. Both of them were depleted of their chakra. But Inora managed to get what she came for and teleport back before he could get his hands on her. Inora was beyond shocked to learn the death of Mangetsu Hozuki, the details of his death were unclear but still she respected him to no end.

"I am eager to see how much you have grown since then Inora. Bring it on." He said while Inora took out her kunais ready to fight.