16. Test

A year later (Inora is 17)

Inora was craving ramen so she planned to go to Ichiraku for dinner. She heard a familiar voice once she reached there.

"And the fourth Hokage is someone who saved the village from the nine tail fox. He is the most amazing. And I am going to be greater than any of them. Me Naruto Uzumaki, the next Hokage. Believe it." She heard Naruto talking to Iruka. She smiled to herself.

I truly believe you both will grow to surpass me one day.

She remembered her father's words. "I truly hope we can live up to that dad." She whispered.

"I wanna try on your headband Iruka sensei. Please" she heard him ask.

"You need to pass the academy first Naruto" Inora said joining them. "You have the test tomorrow right?"

"Hey Inora. Yeah. You wait I will become the best of all ninja. Believe it" he said confidently.

~

"I really wonder if you fail those students just because you are lazy enough to deal with them." She said to Kakashi. Both of them were hanging out.

"You have been continuously sending students back to the academy for the past 2 years Kakashi. Go easy on them a bit will ya?" She teased Kakashi. She knew why he failed those students. He always prioritized teamwork eversince Obito and Rin.

"Oh. Shut up. You know why I did that" Kakashi dead panned.

"I wonder who gets to go back to academy this year" she said.

"Speaking of academy didnt you say today is Naruto's test?" Kakashi questioned.

"Yeah but it seems he failed. Iruka said he wasnt able to perform the clone jutsu. I wanted to talk to him but I couldnt find him anywhere. He tried so hard. He must be upset." She said when,

"Inora Namikaze, the Hokage has summoned you" their conversation was interrupted.

"At this hour? Fine. I will see you later Kakashi." She left to the Hokage's office.

"What do you mean by he took the sacred scroll of seals? That thing contains all forms of forbidden jutsu. Why would he do that? Shit. I will find him and bring it back Lord third." She left without another word.

She concentrated a bit, scanning for Naruto's chakra. He was in the woods. She immediately rushed to where he was.

"If you ever lay a hand on my sensei I will kill you." She heard Naruto's voice a bit far away. She ran faster.

"SHADOW CLONE JUTSU" She saw him scream.

She couldnt believe her eyes. There were over hundreds of Naruto. Not a simple clone but a shadow clone. She saw Iruka with his back on a tree bleeding and another chunin who stood in between Naruto's clones.

"Naruto" Inora shouted.

"Inora. Iruka sensei is hurt." He said. She immediately went to heal Iruka. She saw all the clones of Naruto attack the chunin in the middle.

"What the hell is happening here?" Inora asked Iruka. He explained everything tellin her how this Mizuki tricked Naruto in stealing the scroll. She couldnt believe the fact that Naruto knows that he has the nine tails sealed inside him. But looking at him,

"So he was finally able to master a jutsu eh?" She finished healing Iruka , tied up Mizuki and took the scroll.

"Are you okay Iruka sensei?" Naruto asked worried. "I am fine. I have something to give you, close your eyes" Iruka said.