57. I love you more

Author's note:

Kid you not, this is the longest chapter I have ever written.

~

It has been six months since the 4th great ninja war. Things were slowly returning to normal. Naruto dragged Kakashi and Itachi to Ichiraku. "Naruto, I still have paper work left." Kakashi whined. "You can do that later Kakashi sensei. Both of you are always working. Inora was worried that you both arent eating properly. This was her idea but she had an emergency patient so she couldnt come." Naruto said ordering ramen for the 3 of them.

Itachi chuckled at Naruto's words. "Did she eat something?" He asked the blonde. "She said she would join after her work is done." Naruto replied. "How are things between you and Sasuke?" Kakashi asked his former squad member. "Things are going fine. We are slowly trying to repair our relationship." He replied remembering all the awkward scenarios the brothers shared in trying to make a conversation.

"I knew I would find you here." A voice interrupted them. "Sasuke! You are right on time. Join us for ramen." The blonde pulled his friend to take a seat before he could protest. "Did your mission go well?" Itachi asked his brother. "Yeah. I went to the Hokage's office to find Kakashi to report but he wasnt there. So I thought of coming here to check." Sasuke said. "I dragged them here." Naruto said giggling making the Uchiha roll his eyes.

Soon Teuchi served their ramen and all 4 of them started eating chatting about random stuff. Suddenly Itachi said something making the other 3 freeze. "What did you just say?" Kakashi asked. "I want to marry Inora. You were always like a brother to her. I want both your approval before I ask her about this." The elder Uchiha replied. Sasuke was shocked and happy. In these 6 months he realised that how much they both love each other and understood how much happiness the redhead brings in his brother's life.

It made him wonder if he would be able to have a love life like his brother. He thought about Sakura. He knows the pinkette still has feelings for him despite all he has done but he was hesitant to ask her out. Naruto started dating Hinata after the war. Even Itachi and Inora encouraged Sasuke to talk to Sakura but still he couldnt forgive himself for almost trying to kill her twice.

"You totally have my blessing. You always stick to each other ever since you were kids and the love you share for each other is obvious. Just let me know your marriage date beforehand so that I could take the day off." Kakashi replied with a smile. But Itachi's eyes were focused on the jinchuriki who was silent the entire time. "I dont know if you realise this Itachi. You make her so happy but you were also the one who hurt her more than anyone." Naruto said looking at Itachi, his eyes sharp.

Both Sasuke and Kakashi were surprised at the tone. Not once did they hear Naruto speak to anyone like that. "I havent seen Inora cry like that in my entire life. She was broken while you were peacefully sleeping in your coma. I know that was in the past but I am warning you, if you were to hurt her again I wouldnt hesitate to finish what Sasuke couldnt." Naruto said, his voice threatening. Kakashi couldnt believe his eyes that his student was capable of something like this.

Itachi smiled softly. "I understand. I give you my word." He said making Naruto smile too. "Then perfect. Inora would be so happy." The blonde said with a wide smile. "I would be happy for what?" Inora asked joining them making the 4 freeze. "Ah.. um.. you see.. oh yes.. you would be happy that Sasuke finally agreed to ask Sakura out." Naruto blurted out the first excuse he could think of earning a glare from the said Uchiha.

"What??? That is awesome. Took you long enough Sasuke. Sakura will be so happy." Inora said ruffling his hair.

~

Both of them laid on the grass stargazing in their old meeting spot near the river. "Inora!" The male called out. "Hm?". "I love you." He whispered making the woman giggle. "I love you more." She replied laying her head on his chest. He sat up making her confused. She saw that the Uchiha looked kinda nervous. She placed a hand on his cheek turning him to look at her. "Whats wrong Itachi?" She asked, concern painted all over her face. His eyes met the blue orbs that reminded him of the sky.