Bonus 5: Truth

Shisui looked almost all the places he thought Shinji might have gone to but he couldnt find his brother anywhere. He might act like an arrogant spoiled brat but he loves his family. The thought of something bad happening to Shinji made him clench his fists in anger.

Soon he spotted Inojin, Shikadai and Boruto walking in the streets. "Inojin!" He called out making the trio stop. "Hey Shisui! Whatcha doing?" Boruto was the first to speak. "Did you happen to see Shinji?" He asked seriously. "What do you mean? I didnt see him since yesterday." Inojin answered.

"Yeah. Me too. The last time I saw was when he came home yesterday." Boruto replied. "Is everything alright?" Shikadai asked a little concerned while Shisui was running out of options. He considered informing his dad about his missing brother and smiled covering up his serious expression.

"Ah.. you see me and Shinji had a fight this morning and my gaming device is lost. So yeah! I am searching for him. I will find him soon. See ya later." He smoothly lied as he rushed towards the Anbu HQ but stopped himself once he spotted a familiar redhead.

Shisui took a huge sigh of relief to see his brother sitting in the Senju park alone. He was still concerned as to why he lied but he casually made his was towards the redhead.

~

Shinji sat with his back against a tree in the Senju park. The park was less crowded at this time of the day and he needed time and peace to gather his thoughts. He stared at the clouds, something he saw Shikadai and his father do as he thought about everything that happened in these 2 days but tensed as he sensed his brother's chakra.

The redhed sighed heavily knowing he got caught. He knew he could never get away from Shisui by lying. The only way option he has was to tell him the truth. The dark haired Uchiha knew that his younger brother was aware of his presence so he silently sat beside him as he too joined his brother to stare at the clouds.

"Are you gonna talk or what?" Shisui asked still not looking at him. Shinji contemplated whether to tell him about the cloaked figure but decided against it and took a deep breath to tell the rest.

"I.. I was curious about what dad said yesterday." Shinji spoke as his blue eyes met his brother's onyx eyes. "Yesterday?" Shisui asked as he wondered what it could be for a second before it clicked. "You mean the riddle like answer dad gave for your question?" The elder asked making him nod.

"So I did some research in the library." Shinji said surprising the elder brother. "It did get me curious too. What did you think the trial was that the Uchiha failed?" Shisui asked curiously. "No clue. I couldnt find anything. Any data on dad and uncle is restricted to civilians." The redhead replied.

"It must have been something serious if mom reacted the way she did." Shisui said thoughtfully and it was Shinji's turn to be surprised. "You noticed that?" He questioned. "Ofcourse I did. It was painfully obvious that she was trying to distract us from asking any further questions. But dad did say that he will tell us when we are older." Shisui replied.

"So you did find anything useful at all in the library?" The elder asked. "Hn.. I read about something called the Mangekyo sharingan. Apparently it has a different pattern than the normal sharingan and it helps one to see through all Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and Taijutsu." Shinji explained his findings.

"Woah! Thats sounds cool. Do you think Uncle and Dad has this Mangekyo Sharingan?" Shisui asked now extremely curious. He didnt give much thought about his dad's answer yesterday but now, he definitely was curious. "I dont know. It maybe possible. I mean afterall Uncle Sasuke is a war hero and our Dad isnt known all over the globe for nothing." Shinji replied.

"But I did found a lot about mom." The redhead spoke catching the elder's attention. "About mom?" Shisui question before Shinji explained everything about what he heard from Tomura.