Sympathy for the Parents

Season 06x19

~Pain changes people, it makes them trust less over think more and shut people out~

Mark, Callie and I are at the coffee cart getting our daily dose of sugar and sweet, sweet hot chocolate, hey don't judge I don't drink coffee like that. When out of the blue Callie decides to ask us about our date that we had a week ago. She's been bored and busy so I haven't been able to update her nightly because she is having somewhat of a silent argument with her new beau Arizona Robbins the Peds surgeon. I've come to like her I mean we talk on occasion and she's a fun woman hang with.

"Hot Chocolate with cinnamon and two cappuccinos" the woman tells us

"Thanks so, how'd the date go with you guys the other day?"  Callie asked

"I don't know if I'd call it a date. Doesn't going on a date imply actually going somewhere? " Mark laughs as I shake my head with a smirk.

"Oh, shut up. You guys had sеx?" We nod as I see Arizona comes over.

"Hey, guys." She comes up all perky

"Hey." Mark and I say in a semi-monotone voice

"Hey." Callie exclaimed a little to try-hardy if that's even a word but if it is than that's what she was. There was a silence for god knows how long.

"Oh, pound cake. I love pound cake." She pays the lady. "Thank you. Rich, buttery pound cake. Yum. Pound cake. Pound cake?" She offers Mark and I. I of course with my hungry self grabbed some with a smile. I love food.

"Oh, I'm good. Thanks." Callie says. There is another long awkward pause.

"Ok than I have a consult ok...bye." She smiles at us and looks at Callie with a sad smile.

"So what exactly constitutes a pound cake?" I ask trying to break the awkward tension.

"It's a yellow cake... kinda heavy."

"Ok..." I am still waiting for it to get better.

"Come on. Code for something dirty, right? Like, you eat her pound cake, she eats your pound cake?" Mark asked as I shook my head and laugh

"No."

"Oh please, tell me it's dirty, because otherwise, that was the most boring conversation I've ever been a part of."

"Amor I think that "pound cake" means something more deeper than what we know." We start to walk away from the cart down the halls.

"We are talking about pound cake because I want a kid and she doesn't, and we're not talking about that."

"How long are you two not gonna have that conversation? A year? Two years? Five?" Mark says.

"Wow. So ... you and Isa ate pound cake together?" We all laugh.

"Amor, you're changing the subject."

"You like how I did that? So how was it? Mind-blowing. Yeah?" I nodded with a smirk.

"I pounded her cake, she pounded mine."