Betrayal and All His Traits

Season11x16

"I am tired and I want to die." I state as I face plant on the bed in the on call-room. Alex chuckles and lays next to me. I snuggled up against the cool wall. "I need you to squeeze me against the wall and just smother me to death." I joke and just as I was gonna turn around to face him I feel him put his whole body weight on mine. I giggle and with that we lay there and fall asleep. I feel something jump one the bed. "Ow." Alex and I both call out

"I called Derek." Meredith's voice calls out.

"We're laying here and sleeping." Alex leans back on me.

"A woman answered his phone." With that I perk up.

"There are two empty beds. Pick one."

Pierce who I didn't know was on the top bunk pokes her head out. "One empty bed. I'm up here. A woman answered his phone?"

"Whose phone?" Alex ask.

"Derek's phone."

"What kind of woman?" I ask as I climb over Alex to hug Mer.

Alex looks at me. "Doesn't matter."

"It matters." Pierce and I say together.

"It matters. She was perky, and she sounded happy and tall, with a lot of great hair."

"Hold on. You saw her? How did you see her?"

"I didn't. I heard her voice, her perky, happy, tall voice."

"I hate voices like that." Pierce notes.

"You can tell by the voice?" Alex asked and I nod.

"What did Derek say?"

"I didn't talk to him. Now I keep going to voice-mail. My short, twisty, mad voice keeps going to voice-mail. He's not cheating on me, right?

"He's not cheating on you." Pierce, Alex, and I say together. We all look at her when her pager goes off.

"Trauma."

~~~~~~

I was awakened from my very well deserved sleep by Alex so we can go talk Meredith from the ledge she made herself. We are on a gurney in the tunnels, Callie is sitting next to Meredith and Alex and I are laying next to each other my head rested on Callie's leg. "He probably just lost his phone and some random lady found it." Callie tells her.

"Stretch."

Alex speaks up. "Or it was stolen... some chick stole it and answered it."

"Bitch." I state, I hear foot steps and see Pierce coming over.

"How's the driver?" Meredith asked her.

"So sad. He had Alzheimer's, but then he didn't have Alzheimer's, but then he didn't want to have killed someone, so now he's gonna go ahead and keep the Alzheimer's that isn't really Alzheimer's." Damn that's really sad. I tune out their conversation as I watch as Callie starts to feed Alex some of her snacks.