Almonds Dipped in Honey

Season09x20

~You have carried me in your heart all these years, now I'll always carry you in mine because no one ever told me that grief felt so much like fear.~

Tío, Callie, and I are watching Arizona, April, and Owen prepare goodie bags from the hospital to give to two Syrian doctors. "Swag bags for the Syrians. Some, um, sweatshirts and baseball caps, post-its. Ooh, really cool penlights." April says as she plays with the light. I couldn't help but giggle as I watch her.

Arizona looks up "Ooh, those are nice." She says with a smile.

"You're sending post-its to Syria?" Tío looks at Owen Confused.

"Yeah, I'm working with doctors aid international. We've flown in two Syrian doctors. They're general practitioners, but now with the war, they've been recruited to staff the field hospitals. They're getting advanced trauma training with Seattle Pres, and they're here for a crash course in basic surgical skills. They need to learn what they can do quick and dirty." Owen explain to him.

"They rope you in?" Tío looks to Arizona.

"Mm-hmm."

"Which must mean that..."

"Yeah. Yeah, they're losing a lot of kids." We sit in a sad veil of quite.

Tío gets up after a second. "Godspeed."

"All right, let's get this stuff with the boxes of supplies we're sending back with them." I stand and walk over to Owen as Callie struts her way over to us as well.

"Ah, so Bailey got her genome thing funded. You got this thing funded. I need to get my cartilage project bankrolled while we still got bank." And with that she walks

~~~~~~

Dr. Darwish and Dr. Azizi the two Syrian doctors are being taught by Arizona, April, Owen and I some basic procedures that they can do back home. "Okay, we're gonna try as closely as we can to replicate your circumstances in the field hospital. The most important skills you need in a wartime situation is controlling bleeding." Owen starts off.

"Normally we'd use lasers and argon beam coagulators, but as you can see, for now, we're only using the contents of this tray." I point out as Owen starts to remove things off of the tray. We watch as Dr. Azizi starts to talk to Dr. Darwich in Arabic telling him about their situation my Arabic is a little rusty.

"Is something wrong?" Arizona asked Dr. Darwish worriedly.

"Uh, we, um, before had all of these things, but recently the supply trucks cannot reach us, and the electricity is unreliable, so many of our instruments, we-we cannot use so if you want to, um, replicate our circumstances, we may need to adjust this slightly."

"Please. We're here to make this work for you." I look at them with a sad smile.

"Thank you." He turns to the tray and start to put away most of the equipment Owen got them. "Um... This is more right."

"Also..." Dr. Azizi then walks over to the light switch and turns it all off and walks back only to light the fake patient with a little flashlight. "Now we go." When I tell you that we where beyond shock to see how bad the situation is in Syria.