Amelia Wright

"Arthur! Is that any way to talk to your brother?" - Amelia Wright

Biographical information

Full Name: Amelia Wright-Wells

Gender: Female

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Status: Alive

Age: 61 (season 4)

Birth: 1829

Race: Human

Nationality: American

Origin: Concordia, USA

Residence: Concordia, USA

Profession(s):

* Theater Director

* Conductor

Family:

* Rhys Wells (husband)

* Arthur Wright (son)

* Richard Wells (step-son)

Affiliation(s): The Concordia Odeon

Profile

Height: 5'1"

Age: 61 (season 4)

Weight: 139lbs

Eyes: brown

Blood: AB-

Amelia is a short woman with a welcoming aura that seems to surround her. She resembles her son Arthur with her dark brown eyes and matching hair streaked with strands of gray secured in a braided updo. Her dress has a black underskirt and a navy blue overlay, with a matching corset featuring darker blue ruffles. The long black sleeves of the dress poof up at her shoulders, and a beautiful brooch is pinned to the collar of her shirt, matching her earrings.

Synopsis

Amelia is the mother of Arthur Wright and the step-mother of Dick Wells. She first appeared during the additional investigation of Curtain Kill, where she requested the Squad's help putting on a performance to conclude Mr. Alastor's party. She was grateful to have the chance to meet Argo as she had known the detective's mother briefly while the singer was performing in Concordia. Amelia was even more grateful that Argo agreed to be the singer for her show, and as she watched him perform, it felt like watching Moana sing again.

More to be revealed in Murders of The Past

Story Information

First appeared: Curtain Kill

Trivia

* I chose the name Amelia after Amelia Earhart. Whenever I hear Arthru's surname, Wright, I think of the Wright Brothers, who created the first successful airplane. This leads me to think of Amelia Earhart, a famous female pilot, and thus my brain refused to consider other options for names after creating "Amelia Wright''

* She can play several instruments and knows the basics of all instruments. If you put an instrument in her hands, she can play it beautifully—or at least something that won't cause your ears to bleed!

* She taught Arthur and Dick how to play the violin, piano, and a few other instruments

* Amelia is friends with Minerva Highmore. The two often meet for tea and to exchange the latest gossip about Concordia 

* Her husband gifted her the brooch she wears, while her sons gifted her earrings

Gallery

A close-up of the brooch and earring designs I chose for Amelia: