Chapter Twenty: The Dinner Party From Hell

[Hey guys hope you all had a fantastic weekend and that you all have a great week! I just wanted to say that holy shit, The Titan's Gift just reached 100k views, and Moving On is about to reach 100k too! I don't know what to say! Thank you guys so much and I promise to always give it my all to give you my best work! I hope you all enjoy this chapter as this one is probably the one that everyone has been waiting for! See you in the next one!]

"Hello" - Normal Speech
"Hello "- Sign Language
"Hello: - Luz's Deaf Accent
'Hello' - Thoughts

~[ A Few Weeks Later: Madame Ofelia's Mansion]~

3rd P.O.V

"OH FUCK NO!! WE ARE NOT DOING IT!!!"

Luz couldn't help but let out a small sigh as she held Tony in her arms.

Today was supposed to be a normal babysitting night with the Drake sisters spending time with the little ones while their moms worked at the Aphrodite Palace.

'At least it was until this happened,' Luz thought grimly as Tony looked up at her in confusion.

"Luz, why is Lucia angry?"

"Because Nana just gave us some annoying news," She answered with a small smile as she gently ran her fingers through his messy bedhead, but Tony still looked very confused until Madame Ofelia spoke up.

"Lucia please understand," Nana says, her voice slightly on edge," It's completely out of my hands and you know that declining this could lead to danger down the road for not just you two but for the girls and the business itself."

Lucia slammed her fist on the thick mahogany coffee table, cracking the surface, and glared at the wall while Madame Ofelia looked at her granddaughter sadly. 

For the last few months, Ofelia has been keeping a very tight leash on the fact the Drake sisters are still alive and kicking. From what intel Luz could get without alerting anyone in the Tunnels. Everyone, including the four main families, had thought they had died during the raid as their lair was completely ransacked and the police took everything with them. Keyword thought as it was by accident that one of the newer girls showed one of her clients a recent picture of Luz and Lucia happily playing with their kid up on the knee. Word got around quickly that they were still alive and kicking and once it reached the ears of the four families. They started hounding Madame Ofelia so that they could get them on their side or even hire them to protect their heirs.

"We know it's not your fault Nana," Luz smiled gently at her grandmother as Tony snuggled up in her lap so he could take his nap while they talked," We knew this day would come sooner or later, but why a dinner party of all things? "

Her grandmother sighs and sits down in her recliner," It would seem like the heir to the Kane family is getting married, and for the first time since the founding of the Tunnels. They invite all the families to the main estate to celebrate. This includes more protective measurements, but from what I heard. The heir wants you two to come and bring along dates."

"Yeah not happening Nana," Lucia huffs," We are not bringing our mates to the human realm much less the Tunnels of all places. They do not need to see in person what our past looked like and to be honest, we don't even want to step foot there anymore. We love our new life here and if do go..."

Their grandmother gave them a gentle smile and nodded. She knew exactly what Lucia meant. The moment they step back is the moment they return to their old lives. Ofelia did not want that for her grandkids, especially now as they have settled into a brand new routine, started going back to school, and have people now who love and care about them. This was the last thing she wanted for them after all they went through to get here.