Mother In Law P1

Warnings - accusations of being a gold digger, worried about robbery, accusation of baby trapping, cutting off family member.

I stood under the harsh gaze of Timothée's mother. She had never liked me. I wasn't too certain why, but I had a million guesses. She must've thought I was a gold digger or something because when we popped up for surprise visits there were quite a lot more vases, pictures, and fine China out. As if I'd ever steal something from her home. Timothée was currently in a tizzy, looking for his wallet.

"I don't know why you're looking," his mother finally snapped.

"Huh?" Timothée asked, patting down his body for the fifth time.

"It's obvious what happened!"

"Mom you're scaring me," Timmy said. "Did I leave it in the living room?"

"She took it!" She pointed accusatorially to me.

"Me?" I squeaked. "W-why would I do that?"

"Why are you stuttering, gold digger," she snarled, having yet to call me by my name.

"Mom, stop being insane. Don't call her that, she's not one, she loves me," Timothée unconsciously, pushed me behind him.

"She sees dollar signs when she looks at you," she claimed.

"I love him, he could be dirt poor and he would still be the one who puts the biggest smile on my face," I told her honestly.

"Oh stop with that bullshit," his mother waved away my words.

"Mom!" Timothée was horrified. "Stop this instant. You need to rearrange your thoughts. When has she taken so much as a penny of my money?"

"All those gifts she flaunts," his mother growled.

"She doesn't flaunt! Also, I buy her those willingly and without her previous knowledge."

"As if, stop lying for her!"

"Ah!" Timothée shouted. "It was on the shoe rack this entire time," Timmy picked up his wallet and waved it.

"And look at this," he counted the bills. "Just as much money as when I came here! He said, throwing a bill at his mother."

"That proves nothing," his mother said, not having the grace to look ashamed.

"Look," Timothée said, running his hand through his hair. "We came here tonight to tell you were pregnant."

"Oh great!" She threw up her hands. "She's baby trapped you."

"It was my idea!" Timothée roared. "Have fun not being in your grandchild's life."

He took me by the arm and walked me off, while she screamed I'd stolen her son. I was so nervous as he guided me.

"I just made you cut off your own mom," I sniffed.

"Hey angel, don't cry, you didn't make me do anything. She did it all to herself. You and the baby are my world, I don't want you worrying about this."

"I love you Timothée," I said, and leaned in to kiss him.

"I love you too," he sighed.