Reincarnation (P1)

Info - character death, heartbreak, reincarnation, mention of sex, mention of torture

"No, no!" My voice was ragged. Moony tried to pry me off her.

"You'll be killed too if you don't move," he said.

"I can't leave her, she's my wife," I howled. I was cradling my love, her eyes blank, her body lifeless. I let out a scream of pain. How many times had someone used crucio on me? I'd thought that the worst pain. This was eons worse. I couldn't think straight, the heaviness and the ache was unbearable. I wanted to wake up, I wanted to wake up and her be alive. A green light shone around me.

"Timmy," the voice was angelic, but it was saying the wrong name. Someone shook me. It was Lucy, my cast-mate. I'd been crushing on her during this filming.

"You wanted to catch a nap, but I think you were having a nightmare," she said worriedly. She was bent over the couch in my changing room, trying desperately to push her hair behind her ear. It kept escaping, and it was adorable to watch her frustratedly push it back.

"I was," I said groggily. Of course she'd come to check on me, she was so kind and lovely. We'd hung out a bunch, and I was getting positive signals from her, but I wasn't one hundred percent sure about what she wanted.

"In my dream, I was me, but no, I wasn't, that's not what he called me," I said rubbing my eyes.

"You're making no sense," she giggled, and that sound clanged inside me like a bell, it was so familiar.

"I've heard that sound before," I said cautiously, looking in her eyes, mine slightly squinted with suspicion.

"Yeah, well, Timothée, you've made me laugh before," she said.

"No, longer ago, before, before you-"

"Before I what?" She asked.

"Lucy, that's your name, and I'm Timothée," I said slowly.

"I think-"

"But that's not right," I trailed off. Suddenly it hit me like a bludger, and now I knew what one of those were. Running through the castle with her, making out on the top of the Astronomy tower. Sleeping next to her when I'd snuck her into my dorm. Doing rounds together. Conjuring flower petal after flower petal to rain down on us as we made passionate love. Then there was the worst memory, the happy light leaving her eyes as a green light struck her. I'd held onto her, until green had swallowed me as well.

"Y/n?" I said, with tears spilling onto my cheeks. My hands shook as I held her face.

"No, no, I'm Lucy," she tried, but she didn't look convinced. She looked like a storm, and I needed to wait for it to settle. After a second.

"REGULUS!" She screamed and pounced on me. We were kissing feverishly. Both of us were sobbing.

"I missed you so much," she wailed.

"I missed you too, Merlin, I can't believe this is happening," I said, wiping away her tears.

"We can have it now," she crowed. "That life we planned, that life the war stole."

"Do you think anyone else is like us? We could find Sirius, and James and Remus," I began.

"And Lily, and Marlene, and Albus, Andromeda," she confined excitedly.

"We have to try!"

"I'll do anything now that I have the one thing I need," she sighed and kissed me deeply.

"Timothée, Lucy, you're wanted on set!" Called someone. We giggled to one another, we knew better.