Kidnapped Part 3

Warnings - delusions, kidnapped, being beaten, being forced into water, self loathing, mention of potential suicide, gold digger, slut shaming, victim shaming

Andy Norbert finally visited the third night of my kidnapping. I had been pretty miserable, and I was having very conflicting thoughts about Timothée. He was the love of my life, but he'd left me on a road in the dark for Kelsey. I didn't want to hate him, but as hunger gnawed at me, and I couldn't comfortably sleep, I felt it build.

"My beautiful family!" Came a voice from the top of the stairs.

Andy was slim, balding, and wore thick rimmed black glasses. He didn't look insane, unless you looked into his eyes too long. Then, you could tell there was something off.

"I've planned a special dinner for us!" He said. "We finally have Sabrina visiting."

I realized me meant me. Perhaps the oldest daughter had moved out before she died, making me the last victim in need of capture.

He brought down a table. He set it up, and placed a wilting rose in a vase in the middle of the table. It was almost as if I could see through his eyes. He saw a grand feast instead of crackers and cheese on paper plates. He saw a gorgeous dining room instead of a fold out table in a basement, with a dying rose in the center. He saw a happy family instead of a group of bedraggled girls with greasy hair and sickly faces.

"I want my mommy," Stacey wailed.

"Aww baby Buttercup," Andy cooed, your mommy is right here, he pointed to Angelina. The woman picked Stacey in an effort to soothe her. The girl quieted a little, but was still weepy.

"Melissa, come to the table," he said to the rocking teen.

"I am Melissa Norbert," she responded.

"Yes you are," he agreed.

We ate in near silence. Andy would occasionally ask us questions. Melissa would answer mechanically, Angelina with false cheer, and Stacey with a child's confusion, and silence. I hoped he wouldn't beat the girl. It seemed Sabrina had moved out and was married. So far, my vague answers seemed to work alright, until one.

"When does your swim team meet up?" He asked.

"M-Monday," I tried to guess.

"Today is Monday," he said a fierce light in his eyes. I should have told him the schedule changed, but I had no time. He'd punched me in the jaw.

"Why do you lie to your father?" He asked.

"The schedule changed," I tried. He wasn't appeased. He dragged me up, and lead me through a back door. It lead to another dark room. A very dingy and poor home made pool of water occupied it. He pushed me in. I was trying desperately to tread water. My body was weak from lack of nutrition.

"I can't swim!" I shouted when I surfaced for a moment.

"Of course you can!" He roared. "You're captain of the swim team!"

"Honey, you'll kill her," Angelina had rushed in and tried help me. I heard the smack even under water. I vaguely heard him say.

"My daughter can't die."

I was losing hope when hands harshly grabbed me from the water. I was coughing. I was met with a kick to the ribs. Over and over he kicked me and punched me. I was crying, holding myself.

"Swimming lessons start tomorrow!" He said, and spat on me. He left me in my wet clothes, nearly too weak to move.

Timothée POV

"Hello, my name is Timothée Chalamet. I dropped my friend off on this road a couple days ago at 11 pm. She's gone missing. Did you see anything?"

It was negative answer after negative answer as I canvased the neighborhood. I hated myself more with every step I took. I was the stupidest more selfish man in the world. If she died because of me I couldn't live with it, I'd have to... well I'd probably have to go too. The guilt would be too much. None of her family was talking to me. The police were mad at me for how much I pestered them. I'd started my own investigation that got me no where.

Finally, when I couldn't think of what else to do, I went to Kelsey, hoping for some comfort. She let me cry on her shoulder.

"You really shouldn't blame yourself, it's probably her own fault she got kidnapped," she said as she rubbed my back.

"What? How could you say that?" I mumbled into her shoulder.

"What was she wearing?" She asked.

"I'm not going to dignify that with a response," I snapped. "Please educate yourself on victims."

"Anyway, at least now you don't have to hang out with her, she was such a drag."

I lifted my head slowly. Kelsey had hundred dollar bill in her hand. It looked like one of the ones I'd had in my back pocket, in case I needed to bribe people for information.

"Where did you get that?" I asked.

"Oh, Um, this?" She asked nervously. She knew I hadn't seen it in her hand before I'd started crying.

"It fell out of your back pocket," I was going to give it to you.

"Wow, I can't believe I'm even more of a fucking idiot than I thought I was," I shook my head in disbelief.

"What?"

"Y/n was so right, this is all about money with you," I said angrily.

"What no it isn't baby, I'll prove it, let's have sex," she begged, pawing at my shirt.

"I have been so damn blind," I said, standing up.

"Keep the hundred, we're done. Don't text me, don't find me, and don't fucking leak any information about me or I will have a lawsuit on you before you can blink," I snarled, and I left her.