CHAPTER 3

He knew all that, he began to think that maybe what Jiang Cheng said to him all along was right. He had nothing and nit even his dignity which was snatched the moment Jiang Cheng touched him in a way he didn't like and the first time he touched him while he was sleeping the time they got drunk. Lan Xichen spoke and he lost control of his emotions, he fell down on his knees and sobbed, quietly but painfully.

Lan Xichen summoned his Liebieng' and started playing. It's not he didn't know how to comfort Wei Ying, but he knew that even if he comforted him the results were still going to persist another day if not sooner. He played the calming music and the melody was perfect for what Wei Ying was going through. He wanted him to heal inside so that he would be to take on life head on, he needed to get everything out that's been hurting and troubling him for the past years. He knew he had been through a lot from before they met in Yungmeng city and he thought he was living fine with the Jiang family.

He didn't know things were that bad, when he first overheard Jiang Cheng saying terrible things to Wei Ying,him he thought maybe he was angry at the time even though he didn't like the choice of words he used. There was no excuse to say the things he said, but what he had said earlier that evening peeked his interest. He never thought that Wei Ying's living conditions were based on just a mere favour from the Jiang family. He knew he needed to ask his uncle to invite Jiang Fengmian to Cloud Rescessess in order for them to find a solution for the situation.

After three hours, which was now close to midnight, Wei Ying finally calmed down and stood up feeling lighter than he had ever been. His pain had been lessened and his heart never stopped aching but atleast he was able to control his emotions. He wiped his tears and Lan Xichen went closer to him after he finished playing the last note of the melody
" Wei-Gonzi...I hope you're feeling better now, please...let me walk you to your dorm" Wei Ying nod his head and they walked in silence, Wei Ying had to ask even though he didn't want to sound desperate " Zewu Jun...ho-..how is Lan Zhan doing?"

" Well... Wangji will be fine, he doesn't take things to heart, and forgives easily when it comes to you" he smiled but his last statement made Wei Ying turn to him " Zewu Jun, what do you mean by that?" " Well...the first time you came here you broke one of the ultimate laws and your punishment was lighter. Punishment for bringing alcohol into the the premises is fifty lashes and consuming alcohol in the premises is again fifty lashes. So... don't you think he forgave you easily?"

With what Lan Xichen had said, it made sense, but the thought that Lan Zhan saw and heard what was going on with him and Jiang Cheng popped into his mind and he thought out loud " he did forgive me easily, but he will not forgive me this time" he was sad and nothing mattered to him as long as Lan Zhan would talk to him, but he knew it was not going to happen since Lan Zhan left without saying a word, he remembered how he looked at him. He seemed to be dissapointed in him and also the thought of being close to Lan Zhan scared him. He was ashamed of himself  for letting things with Jiang Cheng drag till that point and time.

They reached the dormitory and Lan Xichen stood at the gate and said " Wei-Gonzi...when I asked how you saw me earlier, you gave me your answer which was unsatisfying to me. Statuses are not important to me as well as to Wangji. I would really appreciate it if you are me differently than you did all this time. I cannot be a future clan leader to you, I do not want you to see me as that, I want you to see me as someone you could come to when things gets troubling, when you feel down and when you need to share your weight with someone. I would really appreciate it if you started seeing me as a brother to you."

" Thank you Zewu Jun, you really are the kindest person I have ever met, I was not wrong about that. I will always remember your words, and thank you again for staying with me, I had wanted to be alone, but your presence was too comforting to me, thank you" Wei Ying bowed to Lan Xichen and Lan Xichen held his hands to stop him from bowing. " Wei-Gonzi...(chuckle) I told you how you should see me a few minutes ago, and now you're still doing what brother don't do. You do not have to bow all the way down, do what Wangji does, I'm fine with that."

After talking for a few more minutes, they bid their good nights and Lan Xichen watched as Wei Ying get in the dormitory, he left when the saw him holding the door handle to open the door and he left. Jiang Cheng had hear voices outside and he woke up, he wasnt abke to sleep well since he would wake up every other five minutes to check if Wei Ying was back. He had peeked out the window trying to see who Wei Ying was talking to and he got relived when he saw it was Lan Xichen.

He went towards his bedroom door and waited on the hallway for Wei Ying, Wei Ying opened the door and closed it. He didn't feel hungry at all so he went straight to his room only to be stopped by Jiang Cheng " Wei Wuxian, where were you?, I was worried about you"  Jiang Cheng looked like he had not been asleep and his face had tints of red blushes and he was still in his outer robes. Wei Ying looked at him and said " I'm fine, here I am now. I'll see shijie in the morning" jiang Cheng was about to say something when Wei Ying passed him and went to his room. It didn't take him long to fall asleep be side Liebieng's melody lessened his worries.

Lan Xichen went to the Jingshi after separating from Wei Ying, he had heard Wei Ying say something like Lan Zhan was there and saw and might have heard something that would make Lan Zhan not forgive him again. He knew Lan Zhan was not going to tell him anything but he went anyway. He felt like he needed to do that for Wei Ying, he had been through a lot without telling anyone his struggles and he was sure things were bound to change for him when he starts sharing with him. He knew he was able to guide him on his to handle some situations more especially his brother who Wei Ying seemed to be concerned about a lot.