CHAPTER 65

"Madam Yu...I know you are the one who ordered my parents killing, but why...?"

Wei Ying asked the one question that had been in his mind since he got his memories right with the help of Lan 5. But the thing was that he had been avoiding the topic about all his memories and at that moment Lan Zhan saw how he silently thought about it and how it was painful for him to say it out loud. He liked at Wei Ying and he saw a tear glide down his right eye and he made him sit down. He knew it was painful for Wei Ying and that he needed answers but...to Lan Zhan...it was difficult to see him like that.

He saw how Wei Ying became so vulnerable all of a sudden and it wasn't good for him to being out his emotions. He hoped that what the advice the ancient spirit or King would work th way he wants it to. He looked at Wei Ying and it was like he was looking deep into his soul when he finally noticed it. There was something wrong about the timing of the question, Wei Ying had not finished telling the elders why he had called the meeting and he just skipped to what he thought would be the very last question on their agenda. It didn't make sense that Wei Ying would ask that question, so he held Wei Ying's hand and placed his fingers on his wrist and felt his pulse.

Right there...Lan Zhan knew something was indeed wrong. Wei Ying was looking at Lan Zhan and now both his eyes were teary, he saw the change in Lan Zhan's eyes and he wanted to ask, but he couldn't since there were so many people around and it would not be good to expose Wei Ying's weakness infront of that many people. Wei Ying knew Lan Zhan felt saw and something before he even checked his pulse. Lan Zhan finally looked at Wei Ying and he swiftly tapped his temple twice. Wei Ying saw what Lan Zhan wanted to do, and he let him. He wanted to know what he felt. Lan Zhan tapped into Wei Ying's mind and he telepathically told him what he couldn't say out loud.

"Wei Ying...something is wring, I think this is a trap. Your heartbeat is rapid and I can now feel that your emotions are all over the place. What's wrong..? How are you feeling now..?"

"Lan Zhan..don't worry...I'm fine...let's finish this, I want to know what happened toy parents."

"I hear you and I fully understand why you want to ask that, but Wei Ying...something or someone is making yous ask those questions so that it/they could play with your emotions. I think there's they want to...to..."

"Lan Zhan....say it...make me what..?"

"Make you turn evil..!! So Wei Ying...take a deep breath and calm yourself and continue with what we came here for. I feel like we do not have enough time,I don't know why...but my instincts and my communication connection with the Gods is somehow being interrupted. It has not fully off, but I my senses are somehow...lessening their abilities. I think this is a set up, we need to end this quickly because I can feel it...something evil is on its way here and we dint want these people to get hurt."

"What...? I felt it too but I thought it was the resentment between madam Yu and me that gave me that feeling. Ok...I hear you..let's wrap things up"

Lan Zhan let go of Wei Ying's hand and he faced the elders and totally ignored the funing mother and son who were curious what was it they did a minute ago. They looked at Wei Ying and saw that he was acting as if he didn't answer a concerning question to everyone a few minutes ago. He stood up right next to Lan Zhan with their backs at madam Yu and Jiang Cheng, this made madam Yu so furious to a point where he forcefully pulled Wei Ying's hand to make him face her. He didn't look like he even felt her pull and suddenly...just where her hand touched Wei Ying's shoulder...a force pushed her backwards.

Luckily Jiang Cheng caught her before she could hit the ground, and that was also Jiang Cheng's turn to bicker or let's say...to snap at Wei Ying with an excuse of hurting his mother. Everyone saw what had happened and even if Lan Zhan had not turned around at that moment, he clearly saw what had happened. He still focused in the elders and he spoke in a way that showed that they were in a hurry. He saw it better to leave the place before he lost all his self control and kill the two.