CHAPTER 47

Lan Zhan arrived at Gusu Lan Clan gate just an hour and a half before sleeping time, the guard at the gate greeted him and he nod his response and was about to pass by when he was stopped. The guard excused himself and spoke...

"Second Master Lan, Wei-Gonzi was looking for you. He came here after the shift change and asked your whereabouts which I told him that I didn't know."

"Mn"

"He went looking for you because he said he couldn't find you anywhere here and went outside to Lok for you"

"Mn..I'll go see him "

He was about to leave again when the desciple spoke again...

"Second Master Lan...he hasn't come back yet and he has gone for too long now."

"What? Did he tell you where he will look for me?"

"No"

Lan Zhan didn't have time to think twice, he left the food basket at the gate with the desciple and went to the city to look for him. He walked there because he knew Wei Ying liked walking more than riding his sword, he didn't want to fly there and miss him in the thick forest. He kept looking everywhere in the sides of the thick forest in hope of finding him but he reached the city without any sight of him. He got worried, his heart beat faster than normal. His forehead began to sweat. For a chosen one like Lan Zhan it was impossible to sweat like that, but he was too worried to even think straight.

He knew the only places which were open at that time of the night was the Inns. They opened twenty four hours just incase if desciples passed by from the night hunt and needed a place to sleep for the night. He walked from Inn to Inn without asking anyone, besides, he didn't like to talk to anyone. He passed a few drunk people along the way and they seemed to be coming from the luxurious Inn in the city and he went there. He opened the doors to the Inn but only saw a few people there drinking and making a lot of noise laughing and arguing at the same time. He looked around once again and he didn't find him until he heard one if the drunk men say what he wasn't prepared to hear.

Man 1:"Hey...did you hear that young man who was here? He said he was from the Gusu Lan sect but he looked like someine who doesn't have a clan at all..ha~ha~ha~ha...what a fun y young man."(loud laughter)

Man 2:"Hey...where do you think that man took him?"

Man 3:" That young man who took him seemed familiar...I can't remember which sect he's from"

Man 2:" Youre right...I saw those flower patterns before but I can't remember either"

Man 1: I think they might be secretly doing nasty things behind everyone's back, did you see how that young man held the other? He was kicking and screaming saying... 'A-cheng, if you don't put me down now then I won't stand up for you when la-...' what was the name he called again?"

Man 2 "Ha~ha~ha...can't remember..and I don't care"
All men: "( Continuos laughter)"

That was enough for Lan Zhan to realise who took Wei Ying, and he was furious. His face instantly became red with anger, tinting his pale face red like he was standing near a fenace. He walked out without looking back, he knew it was Jiang Cheng who took Wei Ying and he knew he wouldn't take him back to Cloud Rescessess or Jiang clan. He feared his thought as he remembered that Jiang Cheng forcefully wanted Wei Ying to be his. He dreaded to see his doing unspeakable things to his Wei Ying and he pushed that thought out of his mind thinking that Wei Ying was strong enough to protect himself.

But just as he thought that, he felt his chest tighten and his mark began to get hot, he knew then that Wei Ying was in trouble. The burn intensified as he  walked to other Inns to check for him and it got worse, so worse that he felt like the burn was going deep inside his heart. His heart ached literally and the feeling was too uncomfortable for him to even think what Wei Ying must be going through the same thing. He quickened his pace going from Inn to Inn but this time he asked about the young man wearing probably black and red robes together with the one wearing purple robes with lotus patterns. He went to all the Inns but all of the Inn keepers refused seeing them.

He took deep breaths and calmed himself down so he could think clearly, he knew, one thing for sure...Jiang Cheng would not go to another city because it was already late and he wouldn't stay in other cheap Inns either. So...he turned around and went back to the Inn where he heard the men taking about them. He opened the door when he arrived, and this time, he made his presence known as everyone stared at him. When he came earlier he only stood by the door and looked around and didn't even ask anyone, not even those drunk men he heard talking about Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng. And he had flung the Inn door completely open and walked inside passing all the people inside and went straight to the Inn keeper.

The whispers filled the Inn as everyone knew very well who he was, I mean who didn't ? The young man who was thought to help people without any yuan being paid to him or any favours to be returned. A young man who was stronger and more capable than the cultivators who had cultivators who had been cultivating even before he was born. The headband was a give away, and the way he conducted himself sobered everyone in the Inn and he didn't care to even spare a glance at them. He wasn't arrogant or anything...even they knew he was far from arrogant or conceited.

He was a young man who was kind and kept to himself most of the time, the only difference was that he was too powerful that every clan leader from all the clans feared him so much so that even their desciples didn't dare be disrespectful towards him. He stood infront of the Inn keeper and lowered his head before he spoke, but that was enough to send shivers to the Inn keeper even before Lan Zhan spoke as he visibly trembled with his lips murmuring and his body shaking. That's his powerful he was and no one would refuse such a young man, mere mortals were too afraid since their energies were oppressed by his as it was higher than any mortal or spirit.

"There were two young men here, one wearing black and red robes and the other wearing purple robes with lotus patterns. Where are they?"