CHAPTER 58🔞

"Wangji...!! do you know how long I have been standing here knocking..? What were you doing that you took so long...?"

"Greetings uncle...please come in.."

Lan Qiren walked inside after beeing invited inside, but his eyes never left Lan Zhan who had his head lowered by then. They went inside the dining room where Lan Zhan prepared tea for his uncle who just looked around as if he had forgotten how the Jinshi' looked like. Indeed...he hadn't been there for a long time and the place seemed to have changed a bit to accomodate Wei Ying who was then living there. Lan Zhan himself had made those small changes to make Wei Ying feel comfortable.

He poured tea for his uncle and also one for himself and after a sip Lan Qiren spoke, there was something in his voice that alerted Lan Zhan that he came because he had something to say, something that he didn't like and he could guess that whatever it was, was about Wei Ying. Lan Qiren had purposefully went to see Lan Zhan without notifying Lan Xichen knowing very well that he was going to speak for his brother. He wanted to get to the bottom of things without him stopping him, he knew Lan Zhan doesn't lie which is why he wanted to speak to him directly.

It doesn't mean Lan Xichen would lie, but he would answer in a way that would make Lan Zhan not to answer for himself. He had been successfull all along and now that Lan Zhan was alone, Lan Qiren rejoiced in his heart while he felt bitter at the same time. Lan Zhan was more than prepared, he had been silent all along when being confronted by his uncle about things, but that was not because he was scared of his uncle, but he was scared for him.

"Wangji..where is Wei Wuxian..? "

"Uncle...Wei Ying is taking a bath right now, I'm sure he will be done soon."

"Hâo...I will wait for him before I say what I came here for then.."

A few minutes later Wei Ying finished taking a bath and changed into clean robes and went took a deep breath before he went to greet Lan Qiren. He was standing and greeted while bowing in respect, but Lan Qiren didn't receive his greetings which made Lan Zhan and Wei Ying to look at each other before Wei Ying sat down right next to Lan Zhan. Lan Qiren exhaled a long sigh before speaking which made Wei Ying nervous. He knew then that he was not going to like whatever Lan Qiren was about to say, so braced himself.

"Wangji...I have recieved news that Wei Wuxian must return to Yungmeng immediately.
Wei Wuxian...you must gather your things and leave at once, I will send tell a few desciples accompany you back.."

"Lan xiangsheng...is there any news that I'm asked back this instant..?"

"No...I just recieved a letter from the Jiang sect that you should return home, it also stated that you and Wangji's relationship was troubling and would Wangji's reputation. I don't know what that is all about because I have been in seclusion and came out after immediately after receiving that letter. So...pack your things...the desciples will be waiting."

Lan Zhan was quite all the time while Lan Qiren was talking and he didn't want to interrupt him as he had already knew who could've sent the letter. Wei Ying lowered his head, feeling sad about leaving his soulmate and go live with a monster of a shidi, he had saw his life after returning when Jiang Cheng would come and bother him again, he saw how Lan Zhan would be forced to nit follow him and he would live in hell because of Jiang Cheng. He saw all this before his eyes as he was dreading his return home. He was about to stand up and go pack when Lan Zhan held his hand in place and forced him to remain seated, he looked at his uncle and left Wei Ying's hand after he saw he was nit moving and started...

"Uncle...who sent you that letter..?"

"Why is it important who sent the letter..? Wangji...I told Wei Wuxian to go pack and here you are refusing him to stand...what is the meaning of that..?"