CHAPTER 4

Lan Xichen arrived at the Jingshi and knocked and entered after getting permission from his Dìdì. He got in and found Lan Zhan reading, making Lan Zhan stand up as he approached and greeted him respectively. He waited for his brother to sit down and he also sat down. " Wangji...howbare you doing?" Lan Zhan looked down and didn't answer but his brother knew that he'd rather not answer than to lie. So he already got his answer. He smiled and said before saying...

" Wangji...are you still thinking about what you heard between and Wei Ying and Jiang Wanyin? Well...you shouldn't. I accidentally overheard their conversation, and I'm not saying I was the right Hing to do, but I'm glad I heard it. It was nit the first time either. Wangji...his do you feel about what you heard between them.?"  Lan Zhan kept silent looking the other way while his expression was somehow not good. "Wangji...please...use words, I need to hear you say it"  Lan Zhan kept silent for a few more seconds and then started talking.

" Xiongzhang...I do not understand the relationship between Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng. What I heard was also by accident, but just like you...I'm glad I heard it. Xiongzhang...why does Wei Ying like to suffer alone, why can't he ask us for help or anyone he trusts.?" " Wangji...if he doesn't say his worries to anyone then it means he hasn't found the one he trusts to tell everything. Think about it for a second...Why did Wei Ying not that he and Jiang Wanyin were not getting along since he got here? Whatever he is doing here he's doing it so that he doesn't disgrace the Jiang clan's reputation."

Lan Zhan looked at his brother and seemed to understand something " Xiongzhang...are you saying he didn't say anything when Jiang Cheng was saying that because he was afraid to cause a scene here?" Lan Xichen looked at Lan Zhan and raised his eyebrows while smiling. Then Lan Zhan thought about how he looked at Wei Ying with dissapointment after he heard them, he remembered his face when he walked away from him and also remembered how he remained standing there after he went out the gate.

" Xiongzhang...I made a mistake, I made a wrong judgement about Wei Ying before I got to understand what was going on. I think Wei Ying will never forgive me for what I have done to him " he liked sad and hurt by his actions, he realised that Wei Ying brings out emotions that he never thought anyone would and he always apologized even to him even though he was not the one to blame.
" Funny you should say that because that's exactly what Wei Ying said to me. But Wangji...Wei Ying is more lonely now with a new family around him that he was back when he lives on the streets. He's not happy and I really don't like the choice if words Jiang Wanyin uses with him, Wei Ying is also older than him but he always addresses him by his name. "

Lan Xichen stood up and walked around a little thinking about something and then he stopped and looked at Lan Zhan again who had them placed his hands in his Guqin', somehow seeking comfort. If only the Gods had not taken away his memory of what had happened after they brought back the spirit of the green spirit. They had their reasons for doing that of which the green spirit and now Wangji who has become one with the green spirit knew about it. A good thing was that they never took sides, they were with Lan Zhan in the Guqin' but they were only able to assist when being asked or if he really needed help, besides that they were always waiting for their master's orders.

After thinking for a few minutes, Lan Xichen spoke " Wangji...since Wei Ying thinks you are upset at him, why don't you start talking to him, he won't talk to you because he's afraid of you. I don't know what you can do to relax him so that he can be himself..." He was thinking of a way to help Wei Ying relax and he thought maybe he should ask Jiang Yanli for help, but Lan Zhan had already gotten the best idea for that. " Xiongzhang...I know what to do, leave it to me. Xiongzhang...Wangji thanks you" he bowed down and his brother held his hands to stop him from bowing.

"Wangji...(chuckle) it's been long since I heard you speak to me like that, you refrained calling yourself by name and sometimes I missed it she you were little because I really liked taking care if you" Lan Xichen chukled angain and said " well...you are my little brothe afterall." Lan Zhan's face flushed and he looked down. " Ok...ok brother will not tease you again.I'm so proud of you Wangji, you have exceeded my expectations in everything. I hope you will make the right decision tomorrow when you speak to Wei Ying. Oh..one more thing...don't forrce his memories and don't forget that time is running out. You two will start your mission very soon, so you better get along starting from tomorrow. "

He bid his brother farewell and turned to leave after Lan Zhan's bow. Lan Zhan was left thinking of a way to spend time with Wei Ying without any interruptions. But then he realised he didn't need anyones approval since Wei Ying was his to begin with, he sat there and changed his posture so that he could meditate. He went deeper into
meditation and he was swallowed by a void. The experience was nothing he had ever seen or felt before and when he opened his eyes he found himself in the brightest realm he had never heard of before. He stood there looking around him and an urge to sit down and maditate got to him.

He sat down and started meditating, and just a few few minutes in meditation he felt something touch him, he didn't open his eyes to look. He wasn't even tempted to open them. He continued and the touches got more, like there were many hand touching him at the same time. " Open your eyes and look at me" Lan Zhan heard a woman's voice speaking , it was alluring and soft and echoed everywhere around him. He didn't know why but he felt there was no need to open his eyes. He went into meditation in that world and the deeper he went the louder the voices were.

" Are'nt you going to listen to what I have to say about your loving mother?"
Lan Zhan whimpered at that statement feeling his heart ached for his dearest mother, the laughter sounded again, a screeching and sinister laughter and he tried to relax himself. He finally did, thinking about the one he holds dear and nothing else. " Oops! You didnt know? You poor thing. We tricked your mother at the river when she went to pick her dirty flowers. She was a wild girl so it was easy to get to her, but she was clever enough to meditate using an old technique, jeez! That woman.

But no worries, as long as my brother is still alive then he will be able to get your precious beauty and you will finally be mine". Laughter was heard again and said..." Are'nt you going to listen to what I have to say about your precious soulmate?"