CHAPTER 22

They called the header again and after checking him he said it was bad energy that remained inside of him after he took the cloth away from him . He said he had to remove the energy as soon as possible.

The healer told Jiang Fengmian that Wei Ying was going to be alright and that he should not worry too much because he was the best in what he does. He went over to Wei Ying while Jiang Fengmian and his daughter watched , he placed his hand in Wei Ying's head and removed it quickly hissing and wincing in pain. He has asked what was the problem and he said it was nothing. Beeing eager to remove the bad energy, the healer tried again but this time there was an invisible energy field around Wei Ying. No one was able to come near him and Jiang Fengmian decided to send her daughter away for her safety and he and the healer remained behind trying to figure out a way to remove his memory.

But that didn't work, he was like that for the whole two months and he didn't eat anything because of the invisible energy field, it was dangerous to be near it and even the healer could testify at that time. When he woke up two months later he was fine, there were no signs of sickness but it was like he was never as sick as he was to the extent of vomiting blood. When Jiang Fengmian asked if he remembered where he last saw his parents Wei Ying told him he didn't remember. Jiang Fengmian wanted to go and gather their remains for a proper burial but he was unable to. That meant leaving the bodies of his parents to be eaten by the wild animals. He became so heartbroken by not being able to remember anything.

When Jiang Fengmian asked him if he knew Lan Zhan and Lan Xichen, he shook his head and asked who they were. Then it was concluded that he had forgotten his past with only a little remaining of him and his parents going somewhere, laughing and joking while he was riding a donkey. The healer adviced Jiang Fengmian not to ask him anymore questions because he will be more sad if he knew he had missed out a lot in those two months. So Jiang Fengmian decided to hide the fact that he had been sleeping for two months so that he could not feel heartbroken.

The birth of jiang Cheng was the best thing that happened to Wei Ying because he had completely forgotten what he was asked or find out about his life. He treated Jiang Cheng as his little brother and when they grew up, they played and did everything together. When Jiang Fengmian went back to the healer about the cloth that he took from Wei Ying,he claimed that he had burned it because it was unlucky. From that day he didn't ask the healer about the cloth, nor Wei Ying ask his uncle about it.

END OF FLASHBACK

Lan Zhan was listening intently until his brother finished explaining Wei Ying's mysterious sickness.

"Xiongzhang...you mean...the piece of cloth from his robe was burned? But why did the healer think it was making him sick when it was saving him. That cloth was the only protection Wei Ying had after the Gods took away his powers. Now I understand why they took his powers, the healer would have done something to him to get his power core. He wouldn't have known who Wei Ying was and if he was chosen, someone must have told him to get the cloth...No...he couldn't have known about the cloth until he saw it while lavitating.

But who is that healer? I can't blame uncle Jiang to take his words, no one knows about us anyway. But xiongzhang...we need to get that cloth back.!"

"Wangji...what's wrong? Why are you so set on it when it has already been destroyed?"

" Xiongzhang...it was not destroyed, the healer must known something to take it away. I believe he might have given it to someone else, maybe the person who sent him or the thing that sent him."

"Wangji...you're really confusing me, what thing are you talking about?"

" I was not in a coma back there, I had created my own space time inside the space in time, there was an entity that kept following me my entire life, that was the reason I didn't want to tell you to much. When you asked about Wei Ying and I, I didn't want it to know that we were actually soulmates, fearing that it might attack Wei Ying. But it found out that night when they were drinking alcohol, but xiongzhang...something happened while I was in there. I had already defeated the entity and was waiting for a door to get out.

When I created it I made it so that Wei Ying's love for me could show me the way out, Wei Ying was the key to my space-time door. What I didn't understand and still don't understand is the red energy that came inside the space time and led me out. Wei Ying didn't have his powers by then, so how was he able to bring me back? I can't ask him about it because I sensed that he has not fully given himself to me to trust me"

" Wangji, we were talking about what happened last night, can we sort that out first because I can see that the Gods have already been given your first task. But you know you can't take Wei-Gonzi with you, especially now that he feels you have broken his trust and cheated on him."

" Why would he think I would not respect our destiny and get involved with someone else? If only I have given him a reason to doubt me then yes, I would take the blame."

" Wangji...you forget, you have already given him that reason. When you found out how Jiang Wanyin and Wei-Gonzi were living all those years what did you do?  he asked you about the young maiden being the only one to come to the Jingshi what did you say to him? When he saw you with the young maiden he connected his dots. There are some things that maybe I don't know about, so before you blame Wei-Gonzi for being unreasonable you should start to think if you've always done right by him. Now you have a problem at hand, all I did was stop him from leaving last night so that he could help you.

If he didn't care about you, then he would have left with the image of the two of you doing... doing...you know what I mean Wangji. So stop it and be reasonable, you are the one who has to hold your relationship intact because you have delayed your mission for far too long with your insecurities. Now go back and have a heart to heart talk with Wei-Gonzi, evil will not wait for you to sulk around each other. Now as we speak people are loosing their lives and their loved ones.  Aren't you older than me? You do what is right. Don't think I don't know about your spiritual age, come on... go have a talk."