CHAPTER 60

"Wei Ying...even if they don't agree to this..I'm still not going to let you leave me...I would rather defect than loose you again

"Shénme..?" Lan Xichen
"Shénme... Wei Ying

"Lan Zhan...ple-..."

"Wei Ying...nothing you or brother will say will change my mind. Please let's enter, they must be waiting for us."

"Wangji...don't say that, I will not let you."

"Xiongzhang...if it comes to that then-..."

"Don't say anything else, please Wangji. Try to understand me."

They entered the meeting hall and found that both  Lan Qiren and Jiang Fengmian were waiting for them. They greeted them and they say down, Wei Ying liked around for Jiang Cheng and he was surprised not seeing him there when he already heard he came with his father. There were only five of them in the hall and silence echoed in the large room when the elders looked at them, waiting to hear what they were called for. Lan Xichen saw that Lan Zhan had lowered his head after what he had told him before they entered, so...he started the meeting.

"Uncle and uncle Jiang, what Wangji called you here for today was something that should've happened maybe a year ago. But...during that time..there were lots of complications which delayed the meeting. I know you were present when Wangji was born...this meeting has everything to do with what happened that day. But first ...I would like to ask uncle to tell us what he recalls about that evening when elder Baoshan Sanren called him and I to be present for what she wanted to say. Unfortunately...those who know everything and who would be witnesses to that are not here with us anymore...so uncle...do you remember anything that she might have said that night..?"

"Xichen...is this about that...? But then why did you have to call Fengmian here when he has a clan to take care of..?"

"Uncle...what your are both here for also has something to do with him."

"What is it..? Why don't you tell us rather than beating around the bush. Xichen...what do you want to tell us...? Fengmian has to return tomorrow morning, so be quick about it, and Wei Wuxian...did you pack your belongings..? I already gave you the message of the letter that Fengmian had written that you should return to Yungmeng. I hope you have finished packing...?"

"Qiren...what letter was that...I only sent the message to Xichen confirming the date of arrival today. Anyway... A-Xian...how have you been...? I hope you didn't embarrass Jiang sect..? "

"Uncle..I...I.."

"Uncle Jiang... Wei-Gonzi had been behaving very well. I thought it was just a rumour that Wei-Gonzi was mischievous, but I must say...he is mischievous..but nothing Wangji couldn't handle (smile)"

Wei Ying lowered his head and smiled awkwardly as Lan Xichen exposed his mischievous behaviour to his uncle Jiang. He knew that his uncle would never scold him, he never did really scold him to a point where he would feel bad. Lan Zhan had his head lowered all this time, he was waiting for the right moment when it was his turn to speak. He didn't want to start because he had sensed something. He felt that his uncle was delaying what they had actually called them for, he didn't know why, but he knew it was suspicious. His uncle was determined to send Wei Ying to Lotus Cove, why..? He was yet to find out.

"Uncle... you haven't answered yet, do you no recall anything from that night..?"

"Xichen...Baoshan Sanren said a lot that day, but I don't recall most of it. Only that Wangji was different from everyone, I honestly don't know how. But when I saw Wangji growing up, I understood that he was indeed different. I thought she talked about him beeing quite was about his your parents leaving him at a very young age. I didn't know how affected he was about it and then I realised why she had said that. "