CHAPTER 34

Red glow came out of his fingers and in an instant it went to where he had placed his fingers. He walked in after that as he blocked his sense of smell with the hand that was placed on his throat and the other....well....let's just make it a surprise now shall we...?

He snuck in and by his first step inside the cave he heard many voices, those voices were nothing of what he had ever heard before. They were deep and incoherent, it sounded like there was a crowd if whatever it was inside. He walked in by the cave wall and towards the end of the passage which led to other openings like rooms inside the cave and peeked in through the door. He saw that there was indeed a crowd of people, but those people were different from spirits of living mortals and by the looks of them, they looked like they had injuries which were never treated before and that they had become infected.

The sounds were more clearer as those figures moved around inside the cave and he saw that no spirit or Lan Zhan inside. He turned back to the other opening, that opening was a bit bigger that the others and he knew his way around very well. He knew if Lan Zhan was taken to the spiritual realm then that big cave room was where he would be placed. He slowly walked inside and within three steps he could feel his heart ached, but this ache was unusual. It felt as if his heart was literally being pulled out by force and it was uncomfortable but more painful than anything else. He heard a shrieking voice inside and he didn't even know if it was a man or a woman's voice but he also heard sounds like moans or groans coming from that room.

He felt his mark and held his hand above it as he felt it burn and restless, but he understood the minute he came face to face with what he had heard from outside. He saw two figures, they look like nothing from either realms and he knew that no world had those kinds of disgusting creatures. The figured were standing and their backs facing Wei Ying, they were unaware of the presence before them and they kept on arguing about something that he couldn't understand. There was one which had long legs and arms that reached the knees with a few strands of hairs on it's head, he concluded that that must be the female.

He knew that because the other one was bigger and even the claw lengths were different from the other, it had broad chest with wide shoulders and it had no hair. They were looking at something infront of them and it looked like it had been laid on the stone bed which he had seen many years ago. He walked towards them and stopped only a few metres from them, he didn't stop because he wanted to stop. He wanted to see what they had before them and when the female spoke of a name he felt his heart bounce uncomfortably.

"Brother yiu promised, you said you will give the second Childe Lan Wangji to me, now you're talking about talking about tearing his chest and take out his core power...hhnmn.. gēge...please leave him for me."

"Don't you want to taste freedom? If I swallow his core power then we can change into anything or anyone we want at any time. Think about it...you can even change into a beautiful human maiden, what do you think?"

" Gēge...what's the point of being human if I can't have him by my side. He will be dead by then and you know I love only him."

It didn't take long for Wei Ying to come to his senses, when he heard the word 'tearing open (his) heart...he didn't have a problem with it, but one word that the female creature said made him furious, and that was the word 'Love'. He felt very  angry and his body shook as he just stood there as he composed himself when he felt the anger inside him add fuel to his body, heart racing and lips quivering.  He now confirmed that Lan Zhan was infront of them, he wanted to see his condition because since he had walked in, he had not even once heard him talk or make a sound.

He communicated with his heart to search for its other half and he close his eyes for just ten seconds and when he opened them he felt his heart ache again, but this time it was a different kind of ache. That was because his heart communicated with Lan Zhan's heart, he felt all the love he had for him as and he was sure of it because his heart felt like it was dancing, he felt happy even in the kind of bad situation they were in. He felt Lan Zhan's heartbeat, and it was unstable but responsive and he felt that he was unconscious. He tapped his two fingers on his temple and the red glow lit again as it confirmed activation.

When he smelled the rotten smell when coming inside, he has blocked his sense if smell by the fingers he placed on his throat and the fingers that he placed on his temple was for a secure connection of communication. He knew it would be difficult to communicate with Lan Zhan if he found that they were in a bad situation so he walked in prepared. The secure oath of communication was then opened with just a tap of his fingers on his temple and he called Lan Zhan's name telepathically. There was no response even after several tries, but he knew he had to keep on trying before he makes his presence known.

After what felt like a thousand years he heard a response, it was faint, but atleast it was there. He called again to fully wake Lan Zhan's mind to talk to him, and finally, Lan Zhan responded.

"Wei Ying...you need to get out of here, it's not safe. The creature that I had trapped somehow came back and I don't know how. There were two of them and they might be powerful than before because I can feel their powers. I can't move and I don't know why, but please...stay home and wait for me. I will come back for you. Don't come find me...please."

"Lan Zhan... how can you say that? Anyway...it's too late. I'm already here and I'm not leaving without you. Now listen...they must have put something in your head to paralyze you, don't force your movements and don't force open your eyes. We will get out of here soon. Lan Zhan....I'm sorry...I'm so sorry for not telling you the truth"

" Wei Ying...what do you mean? What truth are you talking about? "

"我..我...我们离开这里的时候我会告诉你的 "
" Wô..wô...Wǒmen líkāi zhèlǐ de shíhòu wǒ huì gàosù nǐ de." ("I'll tell you when we get out of here")