CHAPTER 46

After going outside with Jiang Yanli, Lan Zhan didn't know how to say what he had actually came to Yungmeng for. His sole purpose was to see Jiang Yanli and because his visit was spread to the whole Lotus Cove he then decided to talk to Jiang Fengmian about what he had been wanting to tell him. He lowered his head and he started talking after a minutes or so.

"Jiang gūniàng... actually...I'm here to ask for your lotus pork rib soup recipe, I realised that Wei Ying likes your cooking and it's impossible to beat your cooking since he had tried all the dishes but always talks about your soup. Will it be alright if I ask you to tell me how you cook it. If you don't mind.."

"Lan-er-Gongzi, you don't have to be shy talking to me, actually...I'm glad you asked because I know A-Xian had grown to love the soup and whenever he felt down I would cook it for him...his dlfac would immediately light up with excitement. I will write down the recipe and how to cook it, actually...I had already cooked some today. I...I have been cooking it ever since we came back from your clan, with the hope that when A-Xian came back, he would find it ready. Just wait for me, I will pack some it for you along with some lotuses so you don't have to buy it next time you cook it for him. As you already know...they are only sold here. So next time you can send a letter directly to me and I will ask the desciples to come bring some more ingredients that you need for A-Xian's dishes. Give me a minute, I will go prepare them for you."

Lan Zhan bowed to show his appreciation and she did the same before leaving and Lan Zhan went back inside. He took his seat and he apologized for leaving the elder clan leader waiting and go out to talk to his daughter. But Jiang Fengmian didn't mind at all, he knew they were talking about Wei Ying and the thought of Lan Zhan coming to Yungmeng to talk ask a favour from his daughter really touched him.

He knew then that Wei Ying was well taken care off, but he missed him so much. He had thought of him as his own son and everyone would talk about how he favoured Wei Ying instead of his own flesh and blood, Jiang Cheng. They sat and had some tea while Jiang Fengmian asked about Wei Ying's well being as well as that of Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen.

"姜叔叔... Jiāng shūshu...(*uncle Jiang*) i need to talk to you regarding Wei Ying..."

"Oh! Wangji'...I'm sorry on behalf of Wei Ying for causing trouble in your home, I tried everything to make sure he becomes responsible, but I have failed. What I know is that he needs a lot of love which I have giving to him, or maybe I gave him more than enough? I don't know, but I'm sorry and I will personally come get take him back home withi-.."

"Jiāng shūshu...you misunderstand me, I'm not here because Wei Ying did something. Infact...he has become very responsible  and I couldn't be happier. What I want to talk to you about is that from now, he will live in Cloud Rescessess with me. I know it's sudden and unexpected but it needs to be done."

"Wangji...what do you mean?"

" What I'm about to tell you is something I'm not ready for anyone to hear since it's not time yet, I haven't even told uncle, only brother and myself and Wei Ying knows about this and now I'm about to tell you, so please do not tell it to anyone until we reveal it."

"Wangji...you're scaring me, what's going on with Wei Ying? is he sick? Or injured?"

"No shūshu, he's fine. But...Wei Ying and I are a couple, soulmates to be exact."

"What!!! Since when? Wei Ying has been living with me all these years and I didn't see a hint of him being attracted to men. I mean he would always flirt with girls which sometimes landed him in trouble but..."

" He's not attracted to men, it's only me and no one else, same as me"

" Wangji...what are you saying? Since when? I mean we left him at your clan only a few months ago and now here you are telling me you're soulmates?"

" Actually...shūshu...we were soulmates even before we were born. You were there when I was born, even though you didn't see or hear much, I'm sure you know a little that it was no ordinary birth "

" Yes...I remember, your father even asked me to send my best healer to help her deliver safely. But what does it have to do with you and Wei Ying being soulmates?"

" Everything...I was born for him and he was born for me, I don't want to expose ourselves more by telling you everything that we are but I think you also noticed some strange things about him, especially when you first found him. The time you met him at the docks, we had already met in town but because of our small carriage, uncle insisted that he would send a letter to you to tell you about him. We were separated in the city and when we met again at the docks that's when he passed out, I knew why he passed out and brother also knew back then, which was the reason why I asked you to help him as brother insisted on not exposing ourselves in public"

"Now I'm confused, you mean you and Wei Ying are..are...really? But how?"

" Only The Gods , brother, Wei Ying and I know everything about this, and I cannot tell you more about this and I cannot lie to you either."

" Of course Wangji, you're not that kind of person. But is that even possible for men to..you know...to have a relationship?"

" The Gods have their reasons of which I cannot tell you about, just trust me uncle...when the time comes..I will send for you and tell both  you and uncle together. But for now...please do not tell anyone about this, not even uncle. With that beeing said, please allow him to remain in Cloud Rescessess from  now on. because that's how we are supposed to live."

Jiang Fengmian was still cracking his brains out with what Lan Zhan had just said to him. That was no joke, it was the biggest secret of all.  Unfortunately...Wei Ying wasn't there to explain properly to his uncle because Lan Zhan only said enough to make him want to ask questions.  Jiang Yanli came back with the a big food basket and she bowed to her father and his guest before placing the basket on the ground.

She also took out a piece of paper in which she had written the ingredients and instructions on how to cook it and gave it to Lan Zhan. He was so relieved and very happy and he decided to bid them farewell before he went out. He waited till he was outside the entrance before rising his Wangji' to ride back to Cloud Rescessess. He has spent roughly fifty minutes in Lotus Cove and he knew Wei Ying must be wondering where he was and maybe even a little  worried.