CHAPTER 2

" Don't drag uncle Jiang into this, you are selfish Jiang Cheng and you have always been that way. I have been nothing but supportive towards, but why do you always have to treat me like rubbish? Yet you claim you want me. You don't like me and you never will, why would you want to be with someone who can never make you happy? Why do you force me to give you something that doesn't even belong to me?"

" Why do you mean by that, what is it that doesn't belong to you?" Wei Ying breathed out, his breath hitching and said " my heart, my heart belongs to someone else" he looked down and a lone tear escaped his eye and he turned around and left. Jiang Cheng stood there trying to understand what he meant by what he said, he wonders because Wei Ying he had been with Wei Ying since he was born and he had never seen him with anyone. He didn't understand if Wei Ying and Lan Zhan liked each other or were just friends. Either way...he didn't like it. He turned around and went to his dormitory with so many questions in his mind.

He finally got back and he saw that his sister was already prepared dinner and dine eating and ea now sipping on her tea waiting for her two brothers to return. She saw Jiang Cheng come in and she peeked behind him, she noticed that Wei Ying wasn't there so she had to ask " A-Cheng...where's A-Xian? Weren't you two together after our classes?" " I don't know where he went, A-Jie...I'm going to sleep now" " A-Cheng...hold on" she stood up and went besides him " A-Cheng... what's wrong with you and A-Xian these days? You were fine all this while but during the past two years I noticed that things began to changed between the two of you. What really happened?" Jiang Cheng didn't know how to explain to his sister, it didn't feel right to lie to her so he came up with an excuse.

"A-jie...maybe he went to Lan Wangji " " A-Cheng...since when are you this rude? You cannot call him by name, you're way younger than him. Besides...it's a good thing that a'Xian is making friends, let him" "A-jie...his do I respect him when he's busy trying to take what's mine?" " A-Cheng...what do you mean? What is he trying to take from you ?". " A-jie...I'm sleepy, I'm going to bed". "A-Cheng...wait... A-Cheng..." Jiang Cheng dissapeared into his room and laid in his bed feeling frustrated with the recent activities. He fell asleep while still waiting to hear if Wei Ying had come back.

When Wei Ying separated from Jiang Cheng, there someone followed him a few minutes after Jiang Cheng left. That person was the one who overheard their conversation the first time.The one who had heard what Jiang Cheng had said to Wei Ying in class was the same person who heard it this time. This was the second time second time he overheard their conversation. It's not like he was earsdroping or anything, he just happened to be at the right place at the wrong time, or...at the wrong place at the right time...ahg! Whichever way suits perfectly.

He followed Wei Ying to the on a path that led to the peony tree, there was only one peony tree in Cloud Rescessess and somehow Wei Ying found himself standing there looking at the tree for a minute before going under it. It was passed Lan clan's bedtime it and the peaceful moonlit view was breathtaking that it eased his mind and his heart quieted down a little. He was thinking about his life, he thought that his life had no purpose and that he was all alone in the world with not parents and no home to run to. He felt completely empty and he was sad.

After a few seconds h heard commotion behind him and it sounded like footsteps, he just looked to the side looking at the person with the corner of his eye. He knew he didn't have to be alert since he was in the safest place there is in the mortal realm, Cloud Rescessess. He sighed as he felt his cheeks were wet and wiped his tears so that the one nearing him didn't think he was weak. He remained seated on the perfectly cut grass and he felt a breeze brush of his face as he welcomed it to blow his sorrows away from his heart and mind. " Wei-Gonzi..."

Wei Ying stood up hearing a familiar voice and turned around " Wei-Gonzi...no need to get up, you can sit down." Wei Ying remained standing while he let out a nervous chuckle and greeted him " ah..Zewu Jun... I-..I'm fine standing thank you" " are you here to clear your mind? You know now I've seen only two people come here to cleared their minds tonight. (Chuckle) is everything alright?"
" ah...yes everything is fine, I was just trying to get some fresh air, it's beautiful out here" Wei Ying chuckled a little and stopped abruptly. " Wei-Gonzi...who do you see me as"

Wei Ying got a little frightened by the question and liked at Lan Xichen who was smiling as usual and nodded his head to urge him from speaking " ah..well...you're the future clan leader of Gusu Lan Clan, the Twin Jade of Lan, the most humble, calm and kind person and not forgetting one thing. You possess the most calming smiles that I have seen." Wei Ying smiled showing his bunny teeth while squinting his eyes. " Well... Wei-Gonzi... do you want to know who I see you as?" Wei Ying refrained his smile and looked down because he knew he held nothing compared to Lan Xichen or anyone else for that matter.

He became nervous and becane sad, he didn't even know what Lan Xichen was going to say and he didn't need Lan Xichen to tell him that he was an orphan, everage skills compared to him and Lan Zhan, or that he had no home and no one to stand by his side and comfort him she things gets hard for him. He knew all that, he began to think that maybe what Jiang Cheng said to him all along was right. He had nothing and nit even his dignity which was snatched the moment Jiang Cheng touched him in a way he didn't like and the first time he touched him while he was sleeping the time they got drunk. Lan Xichen spoke and he lost control of his emotions, he fell down on his knees and sobbed, quietly but painfully.